Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2022, 04:27 PM
B Scott B Scott is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 47
Default TMP Current Inventory 1/13/22

I was first in line at the TMP this morning. There were 14 rifles present.
12 Gap Letters
1 M1C
1 Expert Grade in 30.06 which had a WW2 Springfield receiver. This went home with me.
One of the Gap Letters had a a faint SA cartouche. Unknown inspector, possibly the last letter an "F"
I didn't inspect the rifles for IH stocks.
There were a few dated WW2 slings, and a basket of undated WW2 slings.
Plenty of 30.06, .22, and shotgun ammo, but only one case of .308 ammo left.
A wide variety of ammo, but I bought the last two boxes of .45 ball and there was no .38 ammo.
I will add my thanks to Tom for all of his reports over the years!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2022, 08:49 PM
Coltgrabber Coltgrabber is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 1,472
Default

Thanks for your report!
__________________
NRA Life Member
Ohio Valley Military Society Life Member
Retired LEO (Memphis Police/Inspector for Dept. Veterans Affairs, Office of Security & law Enforcement)
405th Air Police Sq., USAF
Clark Air Base, Philippines (1961-1964)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2022, 08:59 PM
spt_1955 spt_1955 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: MA
Posts: 238
Default

Thanks for the report. The more I see these reports the less I think about making the 1,100 mile road trip that my son keeps bugging me for. I may consider adopting a son that lives closer to TMP.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2022, 11:29 PM
danduf98 danduf98 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White House, TN
Posts: 211
Default

Guess I can sleep in late tomorrow and get ready for the snow storm!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-14-2022, 07:24 PM
PH68 PH68 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Scott View Post
I was first in line at the TMP this morning. There were 14 rifles present.
12 Gap Letters
1 M1C
1 Expert Grade in 30.06 which had a WW2 Springfield receiver. This went home with me.
One of the Gap Letters had a a faint SA cartouche. Unknown inspector, possibly the last letter an "F"
I didn't inspect the rifles for IH stocks.
There were a few dated WW2 slings, and a basket of undated WW2 slings.
Plenty of 30.06, .22, and shotgun ammo, but only one case of .308 ammo left.
A wide variety of ammo, but I bought the last two boxes of .45 ball and there was no .38 ammo.
I will add my thanks to Tom for all of his reports over the years!
I was near by so I did a double check just in case of restock!!! No luck!!!

IHC Gap Letter 4 million, 9

M1C, 1

Good luck on your searches.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2022, 10:51 AM
PH68 PH68 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spt_1955 View Post
+1 on that question. Last report I saw was $1900 for a SG but that was last year.
Please check South Store sticky maintained by Ronwall for the prices. Pitting wasn’t bad on them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2022, 10:54 AM
Shomway Shomway is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,125
Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendal View Post
What's the gap letters going for?
How was the pititing on them?
thanks
Depending on grade. These are the last price listings and not sure if current...

IHC SG Gap letter-4 mil $2000.00
IHC FG Gap letter-4 mil $1900.00

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=257387
__________________
31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-15-2022, 11:45 AM
wendal wendal is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Oakley Kansas
Posts: 105
Default

Probably a silly question but are the gap letter rifle philippine return rifles?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-15-2022, 11:47 AM
Shomway Shomway is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,125
Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendal View Post
Probably a silly question but are the gap letter rifle philippine return rifles?
Not likely. Are you going to make the drive and buy one? You sure seem interested....
__________________
31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2022, 12:24 PM
PH68 PH68 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Not likely. Are you going to make the drive and buy one? You sure seem interested....
I agree.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.