Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2021, 11:22 AM

Default North store report 2/4/21

Made the 6 hour ride, first inline at 0650. Opened the doors at 8 and let us in to a check in area where you do for the matches.
About 8 people by 830 .those with appointments got in first...including appointments showing up early...but wait wasnt more than half hour.
2 racks service 2 of field, one 6 mil..one ihc. mix of cmp and usgi stocks..saw 8 or 10 hra service. There were a few low muzzle and throat readings...
Average 2+ and 3-4 throat. Several went out the door...no bolts that I saw no Winchesters..nice stuff glad I went.
Got hra and 42 SA both service.
They announced in waiting area total garand purchase was 2 for the year including mail orders...seems like it changes.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:23 PM

Default 2/4 Report

Got in at 8:30 with about 5 others. Entire Rack of Service Grade SA/HRA Today's batch was interesting.

Several RRAD marked birch stocks, Some with Letterkenny Proof P too, and a few DAS and HRA Stocks as well. at least 20 percent had CMP wood. There were two very nice 1955 IHC Stocks. One GAW

the 4 mil SA's continue to be very prevalent, several were substantially correct, including among the 20 or so Field Grades. Only a few WW2 correct barreled receivers. Only one set of lockbars.

I have not seen this many HRA Service Grades in the store in quite a while. It seems that every 3rd rifle I picked up was an HRA.

TE/ME readings were disappointing in general. I saw a few 2/1's a 1/1 and a 0/1 but most were 4/2 with a somewhat less number of 3/2's

USGI wood was very nice looking. Best I've seen in a while.

If you were looking for a nice HRA or a 4mil SA this was your day. If you wanted a really good condition barrel, this was probably not your day if you got there after around 11am(unless there was a rare NS afternoon restock)

My trip was a success. I got Two HRA's a 4.7mil TE/ME 1.5/1 and a 5.4mil TE/ME 2.75/2.75 One GAW stock and one IHC stock. Both were mixmasters for the most part but should make good shooters and both have some valuable wood.

Last edited by TSimonetti; 02-04-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:30 AM

Good morning,
Does anyone have an update on the availability today / Friday?
Also, can someone do a quick run down on what a 4 mil SA is?
Thank you
Old 02-05-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Got in at 8:30 with about 5 others. Entire Rack of Service Grade SA/HRA Today's batch was interesting.

Several RRAD marked birch stocks, Some with Letterkenny Proof P too, and a few DAS and HRA Stocks as well. at least 20 percent had CMP wood. There were two very nice 1955 IHC Stocks. One GAW

the 4 mil SA's continue to be very prevalent, several were substantially correct, including among the 20 or so Field Grades. Only a few WW2 correct barreled receivers. Only one set of lockbars.

I have not seen this many HRA Service Grades in the store in quite a while. It seems that every 3rd rifle I picked up was an HRA.

TE/ME readings were disappointing in general. I saw a few 2/1's a 1/1 and a 0/1 but most were 4/2 with a somewhat less number of 3/2's

USGI wood was very nice looking. Best I've seen in a while.

If you were looking for a nice HRA or a 4mil SA this was your day. If you wanted a really good condition barrel, this was probably not your day if you got there after around 11am(unless there was a rare NS afternoon restock)

My trip was a success. I got Two HRA's a 4.7mil TE/ME 1.5/1 and a 5.4mil TE/ME 2.75/2.75 One GAW stock and one IHC stock. Both were mixmasters for the most part but should make good shooters and both have some valuable wood.
Nice score!!! Can you post some pics? Especially of the wood/cartouche?
Old 02-05-2021, 02:03 PM

Did they have any specials ? I have a appointment on the 18th . My father and I were both hoping to pick one up with the new barrel
Old 02-05-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmw66 View Post
Did they have any specials ? I have a appointment on the 18th . My father and I were both hoping to pick one up with the new barrel
There were quite a few left last Saturday Jan 30 on the racks. I assume there were more out back as well. I picked up a nice 2.4 mil springfield special.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpolham1 View Post
There were quite a few left last Saturday Jan 30 on the racks. I assume there were more out back as well. I picked up a nice 2.4 mil springfield special.
Sweet , this will be my first time there . Should I print off the order form and have it filled out ? Or do I just need to bring proof of everything they require.
Also did they have clips , slings , bayonet?
Old 02-05-2021, 03:29 PM

Last edited by Stunng23; 02-23-2021 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunng23 View Post
are you sure they said 2 per year and you didn't hear it wrong? I was there a about a week ago and they said 2 in store and 8 total.
Not sure that matters anymore......http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=276267
Old 02-05-2021, 03:54 PM

Limit is still 2 total garands per today

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk