Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2021, 01:11 PM

Thumbs up NM Collector Software CP Initial Release

We have an initial release for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Please see this blog post for more information: https://www.nmcollector.net/post/nm-...e-for-download

Feedback is welcome here!

Thank you.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:30 PM

Talking nmCollector Software channel on Telegram

I created a new Telegram channel for this software if anybody is interested in subscribing: https://t.me/nmcollectorsoftware

I like Telegram because, as far as I can tell, it is not censored like Twitter. I deleted my Twitter and Facebook accounts because I do not like their censorship. Hopefully that will be dealt with but until then I do not want to support them in any way.

thanks
Old 06-27-2021, 06:24 PM

I like the clean look of the CP software and the functionality so far. I also like that any changes made are automatically saved without the need for a prompt or popup.

One issue I'm having is when selecting a main item on the home tab or different tab at the top while viewing an item, the program appears to quickly close and reopen (disappear then reappear) including down in the taskbar. I'm using the Linux version fwiw.

A couple of feature requests I thought of while skimming through the default items

1 - Would it be possible to remove or hide unused or unwanted items. For example, under the Desc tab allow the user to remove/hide the Head Space or C&R? lines (or any other line) on any specific firearm.

2 - Start the empty Condition Comments and Notes field sizes smaller. Maybe 3 or so lines in size and then automatically grow in size while typing like it currently does.

Also, are you going to provide a way to import the database we currently have from the old JE version?
Old 06-27-2021, 11:19 PM

Smile Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I like the clean look of the CP software and the functionality so far. I also like that any changes made are automatically saved without the need for a prompt or popup.
Thank you for your feedback. The clumsiness of saving changes in JE was the result of implementing a request to give people a chance to review their changes and keep or revert them. Hindsight is 20/20 so I know that is one request I probably should not have deployed!

Quote:
One issue I'm having is when selecting a main item on the home tab or different tab at the top while viewing an item, the program appears to quickly close and reopen (disappear then reappear) including down in the taskbar. I'm using the Linux version fwiw.
Yes, that is because what appears to be tabs are actually buttons that open and close pages depending on which button you click. My development computer is lightning fast so you hardly notice the flashing. However, I have a very old computer, that also happens to use Linux, that is slow enough that the changing is quite noticeable. I plan to revisit how I switch pages so it will be less noticeable.

Quote:
A couple of feature requests I thought of while skimming through the default items

1 - Would it be possible to remove or hide unused or unwanted items. For example, under the Desc tab allow the user to remove/hide the Head Space or C&R? lines (or any other line) on any specific firearm.
Yes. In fact, that is the plan. Unlike JE, this program will not display fields that do not have captions associated with them. I will provide a way to add, remove, and edit captions for each field. If you remove a caption that field will no longer appear.

Quote:
2 - Start the empty Condition Comments and Notes field sizes smaller. Maybe 3 or so lines in size and then automatically grow in size while typing like it currently does.
Yes, I should be able to do that. In fact, it is something I was planning to investigate in a future release.

Quote:
Also, are you going to provide a way to import the database we currently have from the old JE version?
Absolutely! Initially it may just be to import the data exported from JE using File > Export > to Desktop CSV but this does not capture any changes to captions that have been made. I will need to write a program to migrate all of the data and the customizations. This is definitely on my backlog of features.