• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Morgan12
    • Mar 2010

Benifet for Young Marine injuried in Afghanistan

Howdy,
    Out Legion Post is putting on a BBQ Cookoff in Central Illinois. One of the Judges grandson's was injuried in afghanistan by an IED.
    The following is a information I recived from his grandfather;

Peck who on May 24, 2010 was injured by and I.E.D. in Afghanistan. He is still in the Walter Reed Hospital In Washington, DC. His injuries are very serious, he has lost both arms and both of his legs and he battled many months with a very very serious mold infections which caused him to have many further amputation of all four of his limbs. Saturday Jan 29th there is a benefit for him at the Poplar Grove, Illinois Fire Station. If you are unable to attend but would like to donate please PM me.

Heres the lowdown on the benefit
    The benefit is a Pig Roast (yum-yum) being held at the Poplar Grove Fire Station, 305 West Grove Street (Illinois Hwy 173) Poplar Grove, Illinois 61065 and the serving time is from 3:30 until 7:30. I will do update on John at about 5:00. There will also be DJ's, a band, silent auctions, and 50/50 raffles.

Also a little about this brave man:

At this time they are keeping him in Walter Reed Hospital for recovery and also to fit his arms with prosthesis. They have mentioned that they are considering him for double arm transplants. I understand this has only been done five times to date and we haven't hear about the results. John is very excited about this and that would be John. He seems to be accumulating numerous accomplishments. To date he has received two purple hearts, one when he was first injured by an I.E.D. in Iraq. He recovered, reenlisted and then had the very serious mishap in Afghanistan. He is the only the third living military quad amputee, and now number five to receive double arm transplants
Working...
X