Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2021, 07:19 AM

It was my first time there, so I don’t have anything to compare to. However, it wasn’t nearly what I’ve heard everyone talk about as far as vendors and product available. It felt like a small gun show with a few bigger names there. The prices were either normal or way above normal from what I saw. Either way, I still enjoyed my time there and will definitely go back to shoot. I’ll probably just lower my expectations that the years past of grabbing whatever rifle and cool parts you wanted are gone.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:21 AM

Iím a Games competitor but live close enough that I signed in early and got my rifles inspected the weekend before-largely because I would be arriving the night before my first match after the welcome center closed. I actually had the opportunity to grab a FG or CMP special but I already have a special and the FG were well below my desired standards. Commercial Row was a much greater disappointment.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
As of Sunday PM, just the 6 mils mentioned above plus the gap letter IHC's, C's & D's, plus a couple Daisy w/o rear sight.

On the positive side, CMP seems to have worked a balance between sending some stock to the NS for the Nationals but not overly shorting inventory for the huge backlog of mail orders. That said, I would have enjoyed having the opportunity to grab one of those chrome rifles.
The balance seemed to be if you were registered for the matches and want to spend a premium, then you can get an IHC or a 6mil, or else a lucky few can get a Special. I think they did what they felt they could do, but it arguably wasn't the best they could do in my opinion. They had over 2 years to plan for this. I'd at most give them a B-
Old 08-11-2021, 09:29 AM

well hopefully, they have lots of rifles and related items still available that will get to the NS for the remainder of the year. But, if mail order demand is still way up probably not.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunng23 View Post
well hopefully, they have lots of rifles and related items still available that will get to the NS for the remainder of the year. But, if mail order demand is still way up probably not.
I suspect the NS is only going to be open for the duration of the National Matches and then return to being closed.
With Service Grades being 4+ months behind and Field Grades pushing 3 months behind, I don't foresee the NS reopening in the current year, especially with the TMP still stocking rifles.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:04 PM

I would hope since they went through the trouble of setting up the new north store and they have the Petrarca range hours on Monday and air gun range hours through the week that they will have the store open a little more often for shooters even if the inventory is minimal.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf203 View Post
The Rack Special I got a few weeks ago from the NS is fantastic. A very minor spot of pitting on the trigger assembly and that's it. Otherwise it's a gorgeous 1.4mil SA with new barrel.
No receiver rust in hidden areas?
Springfield Armory 5,940,259, 5,840,184, 4,238,435 and 2,023,912.
Harrington & Richardson 5,549,399.

"Furniture" is NOT stocks and handguards.

I ignore all want to buy listings placed in "For Sale" areas.

"REPO" M1 Parts: The parts you buy that they come to take back later on.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
No receiver rust in hidden areas?
Nope, it's weird in that all the other parts on the rifle seem new or reparked as well. More a CMP Special than Rack Special.
Old 08-13-2021, 01:24 PM

Default North Store Closing after National Matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
I suspect the NS is only going to be open for the duration of the National Matches and then return to being closed.
With Service Grades being 4+ months behind and Field Grades pushing 3 months behind, I don't foresee the NS reopening in the current year, especially with the TMP still stocking rifles.
I talked with the folks at the North Store today while at the Long Range National Matches.....sounds like they are closing again for a while at the end of business today.

Scored a nice WW2 Field Grade and enjoyed talking with Bob very much.