Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 06:11 PM

Default Will CMP release sales for 1911 Frames?

I am interested if CMP will release US Property marked frames or only complete rebuilt 1911s
Old 09-14-2021, 06:16 PM

Don't think you will ever see M1911A1 frames only for sale from the CMP. As I understand it, the CMP received complete pistols from the U.S. Army and that is how they are selling them.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:06 PM

CMP received 8000 the first year, and can receive up to 10,000/year until the program ends.
There is no telling what may be received in the future. If CMP receives frames without parts to assemble into complete firearms I am sure they will want to sell them instead of using as paperweights.
Otherwise, they have, as normal for CMP, NOT listed out their sales pans, release schedule and upcoming items list, nor would I expect that to change!

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 09-14-2021, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HkPlinker View Post
I am interested if CMP will release US Property marked frames or only complete rebuilt 1911s
According to the public record of pistols available as of Sept 2018, there were 8,588 pistols listed as "Condition Code H-Unserviceable: Condemned. Material that has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria; ..." whatever that may mean.

The Code H pistols may only be good for cannibalizing for parts. Receivers, slides and barrels (for example) might show excessive wear which can not be easily repaired. Other parts my show less wear and still be usable.

Usable receivers might be sold off for other people to rebuild.

There are an additional 14 which are listed as "Condition Code G-Unserviceable: Incomplete. Material requiring additional part or components to complete the end item prior to use."

These few may also be sold "as is" for people to rebuild.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris_Bane View Post
According to the public record of pistols available as of Sept 2018, there were 8,588 pistols listed as "Condition Code H-Unserviceable: Condemned. Material that has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria; ..." whatever that may mean.

The Code H pistols may only be good for cannibalizing for parts. Receivers, slides and barrels (for example) might show excessive wear which can not be easily repaired. Other parts my show less wear and still be usable.

Usable receivers might be sold off for other people to rebuild.

There are an additional 14 which are listed as "Condition Code G-Unserviceable: Incomplete. Material requiring additional part or components to complete the end item prior to use."

These few may also be sold "as is" for people to rebuild.
There are alot of assumptions in your comments:
-If the CMP got these "coded" pistols.
-If said pistols were actually in the condition code you mention, after being inspected.
-If the CMP wanted to risk selling off frames they knew were bad.
-If the CMP didn't just destroy the frames that were bad.

I'm going with "Only the CMP knows and they aren't saying and probably won't for several years........."
Old 09-15-2021, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
There are alot of assumptions in your comments:
1-If the CMP got these "coded" pistols.
2-If said pistols were actually in the condition code you mention, after being inspected.
3-If the CMP wanted to risk selling off frames they knew were bad.
4-If the CMP didn't just destroy the frames that were bad.

I'm going with "Only the CMP knows and they aren't saying and probably won't for several years........."
There is only 1 assumption in my post. Will the Department of the Army keep sending pistols. The Department of the Army may not even send enough pistols to complete Round 2.

Point 2 are the numbers and codes are in the report. So this is not assumption on my part.
Point 3 and 4 are assumptions on your part. I never said nor even implied that the CMP would ever sell unserviceable parts for Garands, M1911 or any there firearm.

I would say, "Only the Department of the Army knows if Congress will allow them the keep sending pistols to the CMP."
Old 09-15-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris_Bane View Post
There is only 1 assumption in my post. Will the Department of the Army keep sending pistols. The Department of the Army may not even send enough pistols to complete Round 2.

Point 2 are the numbers and codes are in the report. So this is not assumption on my part.
Point 3 and 4 are assumptions on your part. I never said nor even implied that the CMP would ever sell unserviceable parts for Garands, M1911 or any there firearm.

I would say, "Only the Department of the Army knows if Congress will allow them the keep sending pistols to the CMP."
Sir:
The law (which included the amendment to supply the CMP with 1911's to then sell) was passed.
Unless that law is rescinded or revoked, the sending of the 1911's will continue.

Your own post answers the question of the CMP getting unserviceable frames in this deal.....

".......there were 8,588 pistols listed as "Condition Code H-Unserviceable: Condemned. Material that has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria......."

You posted this and it's clear what it means: Those pistols can't be repaired and aren't serviceable. So if the Military can't do anything with those pistols, how could the CMP somehow make them better?

So if you think or assume that the CMP may end up getting them, they will end up with pistols that are "unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria."
So they have 2 choices: sell them as unserviceable or destroy them.

Last edited by Gewehr43; 09-15-2021 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:10 PM

It would be nice-many of us have slides and look for usgi frames every day-I myself would like to be able to use my spare parts to build a ww2 pistol
Old 09-15-2021, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

This thread has run its course. Closed
Closed Thread