Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2021, 03:49 PM

Nice visit this morning, saw the same things as Scott had mentioned. Was told in the waiting area that it is a combined purchase of 2 rifles in store right now for the year. Still a total of 8 rifles, but the other 6 would have to come from mail in or auction. At least until they catch up.
Was happy to come home with a 11/44 barreled receiver with correct trigger group and bolt. Measured 0+/2 very surprised to see that on an original barrel.
For my second i came home with the beautiful RRAD Scott had mentioned. Thank you for putting it back Scott.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:37 PM

I've been thinking about getting a 1917 or maybe even a kraig, or 03. Here's my question are these mostly around the old Greek returns that are spray painted black or do these rifles retain some of their real original Finnish also what is the prices on these rifles pick a really wish CMP would open us up the mail order. Thank you
Ayers Kaserne, Fulda Gap
& Ft. Riley
100% Service-Connected Disabled Veteran
Just another Cold war Warrior too!
Old 01-29-2021, 08:13 PM

All the bolt guns were VFW returns as they switched to garands. The CMP accumulated them over the last decade as far as I am aware.

It seems like the south store is running low, and the few in the north store were only the 1917s.

Here's the SA-52 that came home with me, the oiler in the background was in its buttstock:
https://i.imgur.com/VNFu07S.jpg
Old 01-29-2021, 09:51 PM

The "finish" part of the question is moot as the Greek returns are long gone. On the other hand I believe those (bolt gun) returns were all refinished - not painted but with a darker park. At least a whole lot of them were - I still have a couple of real nice looking ones. They took care to keep them in good shape before storing them in case they needed to break them out again. The Greeks were in some really deep fecal matter after the war - needed guns and we assisted them.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I wonder if they will start sending out the cases to people that did not receive one in the past several months from the North Store.
Received my case in the mail a few weeks ago from a November purchase.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:14 PM

Racks had plenty left when we left at 12 today. Special, field, and service grades. Lots of USGI wood, some with CMP wood. Found one lockbar rifle on the field grades but I opted for a 407000 serial Springfield and a Springfield special grade. The snipers are against the wall still collecting dust. The 1917ís were long gone before the doors opened today. Had a few more 6 digit serials in the racks today too. Happy with my visit, wish they had some bolt actions like the south store. Time for the 8 hour drive home.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:06 PM

I received my case this weekend for my purchase in the beginning of the month
Old 02-01-2021, 05:19 PM

Default 2 Rifle limit?

If I go the either the North Store of the South store, I understand that there is a 2 rifle limit, right? Is that per visit? or is there a time limit? If I go one week and go 2 weeks later, can I buy 2 more? ....just asking.....
Old 02-01-2021, 05:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear57 View Post
If I go the either the North Store of the South store, I understand that there is a 2 rifle limit, right? Is that per visit? or is there a time limit? If I go one week and go 2 weeks later, can I buy 2 more? ....just asking.....
From the way I read it, 2 from the store and that's it....for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chant75 View Post
Nice visit this morning, saw the same things as Scott had mentioned. Was told in the waiting area that it is a combined purchase of 2 rifles in store right now for the year. Still a total of 8 rifles, but the other 6 would have to come from mail in or auction. At least until they catch up.
Was happy to come home with a 11/44 barreled receiver with correct trigger group and bolt. Measured 0+/2 very surprised to see that on an original barrel.
For my second i came home with the beautiful RRAD Scott had mentioned. Thank you for putting it back Scott.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear57 View Post
Yes it is a grand total of 2 rifles you can buy in a store. Doesn't matter if you try to go different days or different stores. They will only let you get a total of 2