Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2021, 10:36 AM

Default 2021 National Matches are a GO!

https://thecmp.org/the-update-youve-...ional-matches/

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:37 PM

Great news!
Old 03-23-2021, 02:13 PM

Hold on, at this time last year, the matches were "still on".

They cancelled them just as registration was opening.

Covid is still out there, the "assault weapons bill" is threatening, so I will believe that we will have Camp Perry when July rolls around and the Matches are still on.

All the best.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhusker View Post
Hold on, at this time last year, the matches were "still on".

They cancelled them just as registration was opening.

Covid is still out there, the "assault weapons bill" is threatening, so I will believe that we will have Camp Perry when July rolls around and the Matches are still on.

All the best.
BUZZ-KILL statement.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:40 AM

Does anyone know how 'tent camping' works at the national matches?

This will be my first year attending (was SUPPOSED to be last year, but we all know what happened there).

It says you get a 200sq ft area and are allowed up to 2 tents, but is there parking available nearby? can you park in your tent area and 'car camp?' I have a small van that would look funny in a full RV site, but would fit in the tent area if allowed to.

Worse comes to worst, I could just park my van somewhere close by if allowed (to keep my firearms secure) and then set up a tent in the reserved area (if i get one).

Would it be better to try and stay in the barracks instead?

Do people typically leave all their rifles/equipment in their barracks while they're shooting a match?

Are the tent sites/barracks/parking close enough to the range to walk there with all the equipment necessary to shoot (in a wagon or cart)?

Lots of questions, I know...but I couldn't really find any information/pictures on specifics...just the rates and reservation dates.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-11-2021, 01:23 PM

Tent area is a grassy lot adjacent to the RV park (parking nearby). If you look on Google Earth, it is the field just south of the RV park. You use the same shower house as the RV Park. The gravel parking just to the west is where you would park (between the field and the barracks).

It would be about a 1.5 mile hike to the 200 yard line on Viale.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckz45 View Post
Tent area is a grassy lot adjacent to the RV park (parking nearby). If you look on Google Earth, it is the field just south of the RV park. You use the same shower house as the RV Park. The gravel parking just to the west is where you would park (between the field and the barracks).

It would be about a 1.5 mile hike to the 200 yard line on Viale.
Thank you for the info!

So, can I assume that there's additional parking near the ranges? I can't picture them making everyone walk 1.5mi with all their gear.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeEmPee View Post
Thank you for the info!

So, can I assume that there's additional parking near the ranges? I can't picture them making everyone walk 1.5mi with all their gear.
Yeah, there’s parking in front of the ranges. There’s also more parking tucked away in various places. You definitely want a cart of some sort no matter what though.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpm32 View Post
Yeah, there’s parking in front of the ranges. There’s also more parking tucked away in various places. You definitely want a cart of some sort no matter what though.
Roger, Sir! Thanks again!
Old 04-14-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeEmPee View Post
Thank you for the info!

Go look at the pictures on the CMP site of all the people on the line with all their gear.

The ones on Viale walked at least a mile if not more, I know I was one of them 2009- 2019 .

After the first year I got a garden cart from Fleet Fram and pullet rather than carried all my stuff. $69 rather than $550 from Creedmoor for their shooting cart.

All the best