X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loosecannon
    • May 2013

Use of charging ring in .22 EIC

I am seeking clarification on whether a charging ring is legal for .22 EIC competition.
    https://www.tandemkross.com/halo-Cha...%A2_p_294.html

After looking at rules 4.1.1(f), 4.1.2, and 4.1.6, I am guessing that it cannot, but I just wanted to be sure. Charging ring certainly helps with the operation of the pistol.

Thanks,
  • CDRT
    • Oct 2009

The rules you referenced are for the Service Pistol, not .22 pistols.
    Rule 4.1.6, in the 2020 Rule Book (and 2020 Draft Rule Book) governs .22 Pistols. Your charging ring is legal, since it makes no mention of them being prohibited.
    Last edited by CDRT; 03-02-2021, 12:23 PM.
    Navy Vet, Distinguished Pistol

Comment

• loosecannon
      • May 2013

Thank you. Now that I am looking at the rules again I think you are right. For some reason I read into it that a .22 pistol must adhere to all of the service pistol rules, plus the .22 specific rules. This is not the case. The .22 Rimfire specific rules are much less restrictive than the service pistol rules.

I could potentially remove it at a match if someone had extreme heartburn with it, but I have it on there with loctite and I'd rather not.

Thanks much,

Comment

• CDRT
        • Oct 2009

Having run lots of EIC matches, I would never ask anyone to remove a charging ring, since some .22 pistols come with them and it is an allowable accessory on the .22. I'm sure no one will ask you to remove it.
        Navy Vet, Distinguished Pistol

Comment

Working...
        X