Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2021, 01:41 PM

Can someone give me cliffs on why Korean M1ís are likely never going to happen?
Old 05-11-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT76 View Post
Can someone give me cliffs on why Korean M1’s are likely never going to happen?
Super-simplified version:
CMP is not an importer and does not purchase firearms. CMp inventory comes from assets transferred directly from the Army, who often get them returned from those LOANED to foreign nations. Many weapons were SOLD to foreign countries. Those are theirs to keep, melt, burn, or resell as they please. CMP will never get any of the latter. Korea claims their remaining inventory was purchased and they plan to sell them. Century Arms had a deal in place to buy the lot a few years back but the deal got squashed by the obama admin with an import ban.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANinMICH View Post
Super-simplified version:
CMP is not an importer and does not purchase firearms. CMp inventory comes from assets transferred directly from the Army, who often get them returned from those LOANED to foreign nations. Many weapons were SOLD to foreign countries. Those are theirs to keep, melt, burn, or resell as they please. CMP will never get any of the latter. Korea claims their remaining inventory was purchased and they plan to sell them. Century Arms had a deal in place to buy the lot a few years back but the deal got squashed by the obama admin with an import ban.
Ahh that makes sense. I assumed that Uncle Sugar loaned everyone free rifles. Thanks for the info.