Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-04-2009, 09:40 AM
J.W.A. J.W.A. is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NV
Posts: 777
Default

Hey guys,

I will absolutely share the "wealth" and I will have extras and I will let them go to you guys but not until I get my 40X delivered and squared away. I don't have a good way to keep track of who spoke first (I've also gotten PM's and emails) so let's do this officially in the "parts for sale" forum after the 40X's arrive.

I can list them "CMP style" and wait until you all go to work and are away from your computer so the lucky few who are online will get them (like the USMC rifles)

OR, I can list them "Jeff style" and place a post about a week before listing handstops the EXACT time and date I will list them in "parts for sale" forum to give everyone an equal chance at posting the first "I'll take it".

I am also looking into casting some replicas of the early 40X aluminum style if there is any interest. I may do a batch of 10 and see if anyone wants them. You would have to find a source for the screw and swivel though. Just a thought.

Regards,
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
J.W.A. J.W.A. is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NV
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentg View Post
Bottom right is your 40X hand stop. The little round one
Yep, thanks again Presidentg for posting your original pic. I would not have been able to cull these out of the big box of handstops without your and Rick's helpful information.

Regards,
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-04-2009, 09:52 AM
MiDodgeguy MiDodgeguy is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.W.A. View Post
Hey guys,

I will absolutely share the "wealth" and I will have extras and I will let them go to you guys but not until I get my 40X delivered and squared away. I don't have a good way to keep track of who spoke first (I've also gotten PM's and emails) so let's do this officially in the "parts for sale" forum after the 40X's arrive.

I can list them "CMP style" and wait until you all go to work and are away from your computer so the lucky few who are online will get them (like the USMC rifles)

OR, I can list them "Jeff style" and place a post about a week before listing handstops the EXACT time and date I will list them in "parts for sale" forum to give everyone an equal chance at posting the first "I'll take it".

I am also looking into casting some replicas of the early 40X aluminum style if there is any interest. I may do a batch of 10 and see if anyone wants them. You would have to find a source for the screw and swivel though. Just a thought.

Regards,
Jeff,
I think you should list them Jeff style .

I have a proposal for you. If you can give me some very detailed pictures of that handstop and dimensions I can draw the hand stop in solidworks (3-D design program - contact me via email if you are interested) and have a local CNC shop cut them, evening including original markings/etc. But powder coating them black would be on everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 AM
J.W.A. J.W.A. is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NV
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiDodgeguy View Post
Jeff,
I think you should list them Jeff style .

I have a proposal for you. If you can give me some very detailed pictures of that handstop and dimensions I can draw the hand stop in solidworks (3-D design program - contact me via email if you are interested) and have a local CNC shop cut them, evening including original markings/etc. But powder coating them black would be on everyone else.
Excellent! Proposal accepted, I am familiar with solidworks but don't have it - Email sent.
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-04-2009, 02:18 PM
steelap steelap is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North AL
Posts: 5,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiDodgeguy View Post
Jeff,
I think you should list them Jeff style .

I have a proposal for you. If you can give me some very detailed pictures of that handstop and dimensions I can draw the hand stop in solidworks (3-D design program - contact me via email if you are interested) and have a local CNC shop cut them, evening including original markings/etc. But powder coating them black would be on everyone else.
Thanks to both MiDodgeguy and Jeff.

As a newbie to 40X, it will be a great service to me and, I am sure, many other.

"Life is Good!"

Last edited by steelap; 12-04-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Cobra Cobra is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central IL
Posts: 1,024
Default

MiDodgeguy and Jeff,

Just another example confirming what I already knew about the caliber of guys on this forum....top-shelf.
That's the type of can-do collaboration that made this country great. The best to both of you, and keep me informed on your progress. I have a 40X heavy barrel reserved with paperwork in the mail, and with any luck, will be a first-time 40X owner needing a handstop!
Cobra.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:02 PM
MiDodgeguy MiDodgeguy is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 299
Default

We will keep you all updated as we progess. Hoping to have something in the works by next week.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:11 PM
mkrad mkrad is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IA
Posts: 1,290
Default

Ditto, thanks for your efforts, guys.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:59 PM
sschrad sschrad is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 72
Default

I will take that little round one if you don't need it.

Thanks Steve
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-04-2009, 04:16 PM
J.W.A. J.W.A. is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NV
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschrad View Post
I will take that little round one if you don't need it.

Thanks Steve
Patience is a virtue.
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.