Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajz1966 View Post
Did I miss something about proof of registration for a match to buy a rifle or ammo?
Yes you did. You could have printed out your proof of match registration and payment that is listed on your e-store account and brought that with you to the store any time on or after the July 12 opening day. The store did not require proof of match participation or a complete packet with scorecard in order to purchase, they only needed proof of registration.

Last edited by TSimonetti; 08-08-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:11 PM

Hello Fellow posters,

We have been up to the CMP match's & the North Store three times in the last eight years.
Sadly pickings were always poor each time we managed to get up there. Maybe NEXT time will be the charm!

Good luck on your quest for the NEXT CMP rifle.
broom
Old 08-09-2021, 09:39 PM

I am up in the area for work and I have an opportunity to stop by the NS this Thursday, never been before. Is it worth dropping by and is anything potentially available? Would love an 03-a3 or a 6 mil. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2021, 07:29 AM

They had about a half dozen 6 mil’s as of Sunday morning, I thought they looked pretty decent.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:53 AM

As of Sunday PM, just the 6 mils mentioned above plus the gap letter IHC's, C's & D's, plus a couple Daisy w/o rear sight.

On the positive side, CMP seems to have worked a balance between sending some stock to the NS for the Nationals but not overly shorting inventory for the huge backlog of mail orders. That said, I would have enjoyed having the opportunity to grab one of those chrome rifles.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
As of Sunday PM, just the 6 mils mentioned above plus the gap letter IHC's, C's & D's, plus a couple Daisy w/o rear sight...
My guess is the rear sights for the Daisys comes in the box upon purchase. I have two, and they came with an box containing a rear sight, various front sight inserts, stock spacers, sling etc.

It appeared they restocked a little before opening Sunday morning as there looked to be some rack specials that went quickly after opening Sunday morning.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhunt14 View Post
I am up in the area for work and I have an opportunity to stop by the NS this Thursday, never been before. Is it worth dropping by and is anything potentially available? Would love an 03-a3 or a 6 mil. Thanks!
Be aware that rifle and ammo sales are limited to NM competitors.
Quote:
The North store will open Monday July 12 at the start of the National Matches. Rifle and Ammo sales are for 2021 NM competitors only. No appointments.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:35 AM

Thanks for that update. Looks like Iím not headed up there.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:02 PM

Compared to past National Matches and the old North Store, it was so depressing.

It used to be money flying out of my wallet for more things than I could possibly imagine in the gun world.

This year I couldn't find but two 1903 small parts and a shooting glove .

What has the world come to? It is to weep........
Old 08-11-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhusker View Post
Compared to past National Matches and the old North Store, it was so depressing.

It used to be money flying out of my wallet for more things than I could possibly imagine in the gun world.

This year I couldn't find but two 1903 small parts and a shooting glove .

What has the world come to? It is to weep........
I would have much preferred that CMP held more rifle inventory for the people who actually shoot them. Much of the 'cool' stuff was put in the racks way before the 'Games' events started. The very few Rack Specials that were put out were snatched up right at opening. If one had a full dance card for matches, no way for a competitor to get one of these.

I heard from a CMP contact that some, perhaps most of the bigger vendors did not show up on commercial row not only for lack of inventory, but they were too short on personnel.