Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2022, 11:41 PM

Thanks for the pics and measurements.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:51 PM

Exclamation

But you don't leave the rifle out in plain sight on the stand do you? Does the stand fit, with the rifle on it, in your secure gun safe?

I know people that hung their valuable rifles in beautiful racks on the wall or in fancy glassed gun cases. At least for awhile they did, until they came home one day from the store and they were all gone. Another friend thought his gun safe didn't need to be secured to the floor or wall because it was just too heavy to move and was upstairs. He came home after an extended vacation to find a hole in the wall behind where his stairs started at the back of his house and the safe and 15 valuable firearms were missing. They found the safe cut open a month later, empty of course.

You did a great job on the stand, It would look like a hack job if I tried it for certain but, just use it wisely. It's definitely a worse than it was before world these days. Diligence trumps loss every time.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:23 AM

I use the stand to temporarily hold the rifle on my cleaning table. I NEVER display my firearms in my home.