Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2021, 10:22 AM

Confirming the call outs are from stacks of a few hundred packets from experience with my wife's M1911 and my M1911.
- Wife was 22xxx and called about 300 after postings of her RGN # was passed.
- Mine was 26603 and I was contacted 1 week ago, a few hundred RGN #'s before what was being posted on the forum.

Lesson: CMP call within 500ish of your RGN -either way- is normal.

Last edited by JW_Pepper; 11-18-2021 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
What grades did they offer?
I've noticed Grade Availability appears to change hourly. Seen posts with Only Rack Offered from a Noon call posting and All Grades Offered from a 3pm call posting, same day.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_Pepper View Post
I've noticed Grade Availability appears to change hourly. Seen posts with Only Rack Offered from a Noon call posting and All Grades Offered from a 3pm call posting, same day.
Same. Dont know what to think of that, but it is what it is...

Do they appear to ship on contact day, or in batches on certain days?

Last edited by Fogtripper; 11-18-2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
Same. Dont know what to think of that, but it is what it is...

Do they appear to ship on contact day, or in batches on certain days?
CMP ships same day as all paperwork is in order. I am sure they have a standing daily FedEx pick-up Monday through Thursday (no Friday shipments) and whatever is properly papered goes on the truck.
Old 11-19-2021, 10:10 AM

My call from Alabama on 11/17 had rack grade only. My RGN was 26640. I don't know who made the frame No 996223, Colt slide, pretty beat, has 5 patent numbers 1897, 1902? ,1905 ,1911, and 1913. and P in front of the rear sight.
Any help with info on this pistol?
Old 11-19-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcycles View Post
My call from Alabama on 11/17 had rack grade only. My RGN was 26640. I don't know who made the frame No 996223, Colt slide, pretty beat, has 5 patent numbers 1897, 1902? ,1905 ,1911, and 1913. and P in front of the rear sight.
Any help with info on this pistol?
It should say on the tag manufacturer of frame and slide.
996223 Looks like a colt from 1943 from what I see. Post a pic and people will help more.
Iím picking up my rack grade today. Kinda bummed that was the only grade available but hoping I get lucky with a good one or at least matching frame and slide.
Old 11-19-2021, 11:59 AM

My FFL dealer received my 1911 today - but in "unpacking" it he has informed my via phone that he destroyed the Certificate of Authenticity for the pistol. I haven't made the transfer yet - haven't even seen it - waiting until CMP can assure me that they will re-issue a new Certificate. Will CMP issue a new Certificate of Authenticity in a case like this? How do I go about getting a new one? I'm really ********ed. That Certificate is part of what I paid for - this is a collector's item.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Duck View Post
My FFL dealer received my 1911 today - but in "unpacking" it he has informed my via phone that he destroyed the Certificate of Authenticity for the pistol. I haven't made the transfer yet - haven't even seen it - waiting until CMP can assure me that they will re-issue a new Certificate. Will CMP issue a new Certificate of Authenticity in a case like this? How do I go about getting a new one? I'm really ********ed. That Certificate is part of what I paid for - this is a collector's item.
They will replace the COA since you are the original owner. I believe the fee is $5....
Quote:
Dear Sir, I will be happy to help. Below is listed the new guidelines for reprinted COA please read over.

The CMP receives dozens of calls, emails, and letters daily requesting reprinted Certificateís.
We regret not being able to perform this service for free. The charge for the service is $5.00 per Certificate.

If interested, you may send payment to CMP with serial number information to, Attn: Serial Number Research, 1401 Commerce Blvd. Anniston, AL 36207.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
They will replace the COA since you are the original owner. I believe the fee is $5....
His FFL should pay for that.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:29 PM

Default Spot on Fenris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris_Bane View Post
There should have been other items in the same envelope with the Certification of Authenticity. There should have also been an invoice, which had serial number on it, a packing list, a range pass, cable lock instructions and the pistol should have the CMP tag on it with the serial number, grade, and manufacturer of the slide and frame.

You might want to double check the pistol he has for you is the same serial number as the one CMP shipped. You should verify that what he wants to give you is what you bought and isn't swapping it with another pistol. I think it would be hard to "destroy" the Certificate but not destroy or damage everything else in the envelope.

He should also reduce his transfer fee for the amount of getting a replacement certificate.

Itís hard to imagine that the cmp certificate getting tore up since itís in the plastic bag packet
Something very fishy there
Very disappointing to read Space Duck I hope it gets resolved
33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating. My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
My precious:
http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/ca...GN_spell2.html

Last edited by The Apprentice; 11-19-2021 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Spelling