Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2020, 03:47 PM

My barrel is now in my hands after 28 days of waiting,I was worried that my package would be smashed or my barrel missing.It was all there,and in good shape other than one end of the tube completely open!It looks as if someone cut the tape open?
Old 01-14-2020, 03:50 PM

If it happens again try this
https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm
Old 01-14-2020, 10:11 PM

I had a scope completely disappear and the gent who sent it tried to find out anything, I did the same and finally gave up. Worthless updates from USPS regularly with zero info.

I didn’t feel like asking for a refund as the dollar amount wasn’t that great (he was a gentlemen and offered but I refused) so out a scope.

Guy calls me six months later when it showed up back at his place. Miracles happen apparently.

My feedback thread
Old 01-14-2020, 10:31 PM

I recently had two packages shipped to me from a forum member. Shipped to the same address from the same post office with the same service. One arrived two days before the other.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnho View Post
I think USPS still uses paper maps-from the 60's.

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 01-15-2020, 12:52 AM

I've had a couple of odd - late items coming to me - then I have had first class packages get to a friend in Tenn before his letter made it to me (at least twice with him).

Things are just screwy with how they have moved stuff around. When I was back east in Penn, we had like 6 post offices within 15 miles, they could have closed a couple IMHO. While where my mom lives, they send stuff all the way to Spokane for processing, so if she was sending a letter to her neighbor, it would go 150 miles and back.

We all have stories if you ship enough - I have had numerous things with bubble wrap, simply wrapped around it and no tape, so when it arrives, it might be damaged. Once had a gal send me a book in a loose envelope - and it was fairly expensive, and they had me pay priority price but sent it the cheapest?

I think the main lesson is to pack like crazy and ensure even if stomped on, it gets there in one piece.

Last edited by weimar_police; 01-15-2020 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:24 AM

[B]I click the box.. email me updates of all movement[….sold an item to a forum member...nothng on tracking showing at all..a couple days..nothing..back to postmaster...all kinds of excuses..then major blow up...tracking shows P.O. received..never left the building/B]….new postmaster...
Old 01-15-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeroub View Post
I recently had two packages shipped to me from a forum member. Shipped to the same address from the same post office with the same service. One arrived two days before the other.
Not just USPS.

I have two packages from a vendor, sent from two different locations.

One package was sent out of delivery for 8 days without being delivered. Including one day where the driver scanned the package as no one home, which was not required, then scanned the package in back at the depot (22 miles away) some 13 minutes later. Meaning he drove 103 MPH.

The other package went out for delivery for 3 days.

But each day, both packages left the same depot, to be delivered to the same address, on TWO DIFFERENT TRUCKS. REALLY????
Old 01-15-2020, 11:22 AM

I sold an A3 and the guy sent a money order. Was going from NC to SC. Only about a 5 hour drive. He sent it out Christmas Eve. I didn't get it until Jan 4. While other mail coming from Ohio that was postmarked a week later than the money order, i received days before the money order.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:45 AM

My brother drives a "big brown semi", started out working nites sorting packages. He says never write fragile or handle with care on the box. Makes those a target for someone with too much time. He saw guys drop kick stuff onto trucks or across the dock. Idiots or animals.