X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steelap
    • Oct 2009

Spacer for Mann Rifle

This thread is trying to determine if there is enough interest in a spacer to replace the collar on the Mann Accuracy Device, when converting it into a rifle.

BubbaTheKid's friend Jim made a spacer for his rifle, but did that when Jim was in a slack period at work.

If there is enough interest in getting more made, Jim might be willing to make some more. However, custom work isn't cheap, so we also need to determine a price point that satisfies both the customer and the machinist.

If you are interested in a spacer (one or more), please post in this thread. Also indicate what price you would be willing to pay.

Once it appears that there is sufficient interest, we can see what Jim would be willing to make that number for.

I will start:

steelap - 2 spacers - $25 each.

"Life is Good!"
  • Cowboysnavy
    • Oct 2012

I'm in for sure and 2 for $25 or 1 for $15 sounds like a good price point
    Also I think it would be good to make these oversized by .001-.002" therefore they can be lapped for a perfect headspace.
    Thanks Bubbathekid and Steelap
    I'd be in for 2

Comment

• BubbaTheKid
      • Mar 2010

Anyone else interested in this?

Comment

• steelap
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BubbaTheKid View Post
        Anyone else interested in this?
        Doesn't look like it. I'm not sure that your machinist can produce just four at a price that is fair to him and affordable to us.

Thanks for all the background work you put into checking this out.

I owe you a favor. If you need anything picked out at the South Store, or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

"Life is Good!"

Comment

• Cowboysnavy
          • Oct 2012

I agree thank both of y'all for your work on this

Comment

• BubbaTheKid
            • Mar 2010

Never hurts to ask. I'll letcha know what he says about making 4 or 5.

Comment

• BubbaTheKid
              • Mar 2010

Guys, haven't forgotten about this, life just keeps getting in the way.

Comment

• Cowboysnavy
                • Oct 2012

No problem at all take your time.
                If anyone has measurements of the spacer ID, OD , and thickness and what headspace it gives at thickness. Or ID and thickness of the spacer that was taken off the rifle.
                That would be great there's a few companies that make sleeve bearings in all kinds of sizes one of them might work
                Thanks again

Comment

• BubbaTheKid
                  • Mar 2010

Had "Bigwood" stop by, handed off the collar, showed him the spacer installed on the 1903a3 receiver... He wanted to gage things with his gear versus my old calipers.

Comment

• Cowboysnavy
                    • Oct 2012

Thanks again very much

Comment

Working...
                    X