Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2021, 04:27 AM

FYI, I was fairly early in Round 1, around #3200. All I was offered was Service Grade, so it's nice to have a choice, but you may not get one either.

Seems the barrel markings, P and C in square are 1945 Colt markings. There is no evidence of "Colt 45 Auto" and meets the description and pic on this site.

https://sightm1911.com/lib/history/b...iles/Colt7.htm

And the mainspring housing has 8 ribs, so by all reports that' a Remington Rand correct for the serial #.

So pretty neat the two halves are basically "original-ish", but have been together so long the finish wear is exactly the same.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:20 PM

That is a nice 1911.
If they allow repeat customers in round 12 or so I'd love to get something iike that, and a fresh repark.....

MaDuce, the grades do not correspond with finish. All 3 grades can have the refinish, and all 3 grades can have original, or worn finish.
I ordered service grade (round 1, #16500+/-) and received an original finish with honest wear, never been refinished or rebuilt. Exactly what I wanted, but for those wanting the "new" look it may have been a letdown.

When I think of a "typical US 1911" I picture post #1.
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 05-07-2021, 02:30 PM

Beautiful rack! I already had my heart set on a rack grade, yours just solidified my decision. Got the call today (RGN 20975) and selected Rack grade. They don't take requests anymore though, FYI. Can't wait to see it, hope its remotely comparable to yours!
Old 05-08-2021, 07:00 AM

Ahh ,I Did not know that ,I thought only the Service Grades were refinished, Thank you good to know ZvenoMan.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartinarmz View Post
Beautiful rack! I already had my heart set on a rack grade, yours just solidified my decision. Got the call today (RGN 20975) and selected Rack grade. They don't take requests anymore though, FYI. Can't wait to see it, hope its remotely comparable to yours!
Would love to see yours. It's so great to see people choosing rack grades this round. I showed mine off so many times to try to help show people that rack grades shouldn't be a scary choice. It has a lot of real gems in it
Old 05-08-2021, 12:12 PM

They are still looking better than a lot of round one pistols. Rack grades that look like this? You got a winner! Everything about it looks better than the field grade I got. Now I need to go shoot it again. At least it does shoots good.

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 05-08-2021, 12:56 PM

After seeing your wifeís gun Iím conflicted. Very nice!
Old 05-10-2021, 05:45 PM

Looks like the ones we had in the Guard 30 years ago. Hope they shoot better than ours did. We would have done better to throw them at a bad guy than shoot at them.