Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
rickomatic rickomatic is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennS87 View Post
I reached out earlier today to the 1911RGN e-mail address and they just responded with my number which is 29,812.
Did they tell you why you hadn't received one yet? Was it a bounced back email? Misspelled email? Other?
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
GlennS87 GlennS87 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5
Default

[QUOTE=rickomatic;2044253]Did they tell you why you hadn't received one yet? Was it a bounced back email? Misspelled email? Other?[/QUO

mp1911rgn@thecmp.org

I didn't see the part about waiting till August, my bad on that. I told them I had sent the packet in and had a delivery confirmation for 2/26. I provided my name address and phone. I asked when I should expect an RGN number..

I had a suspicion that they might have tried calling me based on caller ID although I didn't tell them that, The response I got was "Your RGN number is 29,812. Please do not reply to this email."

I hadn't read this thread in it's entirety or I would have waited before reaching out to them.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM
BoomBoomPing BoomBoomPing is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
There are 29 pages above your post discussing the RGN process.
Don't take it personally if some choose to bash because you incorrectly state the process is first come first serve considering there are ample statements and evidence to the contrary.
Zvenoman your reply was all over the map so I left off the non-relevant comments. My comment was about round 2. Nothing else and certainly not round 1. If you believe that the "computerized" random number generator was used for this round then prove it. With data. Because the over 400 posts in the "1911 Order Thread Round 2" proves otherwise. Post after post of those sending the package to CMP in early Jan getting low 20K RGNs compared to those sending in the last minute getting 30K RGNs proves overwise. Statistically, and I know statistics intimately, that is impossible with a computerized random number generator. If I wanted to waste a hour I would make a graph with cartesian coordinates which would blow the doubters out of the water.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
ZvenoMan ZvenoMan is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 4,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomPing View Post
Zvenoman your reply was all over the map so I left off the non-relevant comments. My comment was about round 2. Nothing else and certainly not round 1. If you believe that the "computerized" random number generator was used for this round then prove it. With data. Because the over 400 posts in the "1911 Order Thread Round 2" proves otherwise. Post after post of those sending the package to CMP in early Jan getting low 20K RGNs compared to those sending in the last minute getting 30K RGNs proves overwise. Statistically, and I know statistics intimately, that is impossible with a computerized random number generator. If I wanted to waste a hour I would make a graph with cartesian coordinates which would blow the doubters out of the water.
Sounds pretty unfair to me.
I probably wouldn't participate in such an unfair process, cartesian coordinates or not.
FYI, CMP said they used an RNG tool, so pretty sure it's up to others to disprove it. Nothing I feel the need to do, one way or another.
I of course have no dog in this hunt; my RNG turned into a 1911 as advertised.
JH
__________________
Zvenoman

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
BoomBoomPing BoomBoomPing is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Sounds pretty unfair to me.
I probably wouldn't participate in such an unfair process, cartesian coordinates or not.
FYI, CMP said they used an RNG tool, so pretty sure it's up to others to disprove it. Nothing I feel the need to do, one way or another.
I of course have no dog in this hunt; my RNG turned into a 1911 as advertised.
JH
Yes data can be unfair. haha. I also saw where CMP said they planned to use a computerized RGN, but I didn't see where they confirmed it was actually used for round 2. Maybe you can point that out for me. I did however see myriad posts in the other thread showing that those who sent in packages early got very low numbers.

BTW, I'm glad you got your round 1 pistol and I have no doubt I'll get my round 2 pistol as well.

Last edited by BoomBoomPing; Yesterday at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM
tyshawnal22 tyshawnal22 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Default RGN Number and Grades Offered

I just want to know what RGN numbers are being called and what Grades are being offered. Nothing else. Oh, and maybe the total number of pistols that will be available in Round 2. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
BoomBoomPing BoomBoomPing is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyshawnal22 View Post
I just want to know what RGN numbers are being called and what Grades are being offered. Nothing else. Oh, and maybe the total number of pistols that will be available in Round 2. Thanks.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=274428

They're not releasing the number of 1911s.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.