Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2021, 11:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

If they want the highest return, Midway will put the most rare examples up for auction rather than set a given price on them.

For the more generic carbines, going through an auction for 3000 carbines could be more expensive than the extra effort is worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm15e2s View Post
3000 guns and not one irwin.

hard to believe.

i bet there is and they were set aside for owners and insiders.

why no FAT? cmp italy many were FAT.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:08 PM

Per the Midway ad verbage," these carbines have not been arsenal refurbished".
Old 05-10-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Tip View Post
Per the Midway ad verbage," these carbines have not been arsenal refurbished".
True, also doesn't mean they didn't go through an arsenal and got repaired as needed, mixed parts as needed, etc. We all have/have seen guns that never went through a "arsenal refurbishment" with a bunch of stamps and fresh park, but yet they are still mixed parts as weapons with a long service history are want to do (like the non-rebuilt rack grade 1911 I just got). Probably be some really nice examples in this batch.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:22 PM

Looks like there are a bunch of adjustable sighted no bayo lug carbines in this lot. Many with very nice stocks.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:55 PM

One of the CMP Italian return carbines I received when they were available had a tag attached with it indicating Rome Police. It included 7-8 serial numbers on the tag. My carbine was one of the numbers. I will have to see if I can dig that up now.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:24 PM

I'm looking forward to see these and the prices. I really have no issue with my Ethiopian return carbine and would put an Italian return right next to it. At one point in history the Italians were in Ethiopia so I may have to separate them.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkjeep View Post
PW Arms imported a lot of Beretta 92 Italian police pistols a couple of years back also. I thought Clinton issued an ban on reimporting US Military weapons into the country, what happened there ?
There is a loophole ,if for an example SKS rifles that have been banned from import in to the USA are in a neutral different country for 50 years they can be imported in to the USA,I believe that is how a lot of these military rifles and pistols are now getting in now that have been banned.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:32 PM

Default $400 receviers, $600 barrel assemblys. $400 stocks

this will be interesting! Is going to be a classic lottery played on a roulette wheel--orig finish receivers and barrel assy's--well I should restate that-the import marks depending how they look may make them $400 assy's--I am surprised these importers have not figure out how to sell pairs-with one being receiver stamped and other being barrel stamped-one could improve their balance sheet by matching IP or UNQ receivers to Inland import marked barrels and Inland import marked receivers with corresponding IP or Unq barrel assys--oh well--a smart importer could save a lot of collectible rifles that way
Old 05-11-2021, 10:33 PM

The lot is 10,000 Carbines. The Austrian folks who acquired them are keeping a small number for sale in Europe. The remainder were sold to PW Arms. Likely Midway put up the cash for the deal. Do note PW Arms has deep pockets, as well. Something like 800,000 Carbines still in South Korea.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:34 AM

Midway will chum the water before the carbines are released for sale. By this I mean there will be several write-ups in gun magazines about how great they are. This will increase the demand greatly.
I would not be surprised to see a two or three month delay to give time for the articles to be written and published.