Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2021, 09:00 AM

Does the CMP make order notification calls on Fridays?
Old 04-30-2021, 09:11 AM

Yes, wife got called last Thursday, missed it because of work, CMP called back Friday. They don't overnight ship on Friday.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

yes, below was called last Friday....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFNuke View Post
Packet Sent: 1/4/21
RGN Assigned: 20684
Date Contacted:23/4/21
Grades Offered: All 3
Shipped: 26/4/21
Received: 27/4/21
Manufacture Received: Colt
Model received: Service Colt slide and frame
Serial Number: (Optional)
Old 05-11-2021, 07:09 AM

We have posted here and on website, that we only ship Monday - Thursday. If you are contacted on Thursday it depends when you are contacted. If in afternoon, it will ship the following Monday.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:49 PM

1. Please do not email or call requesting your RGN (random generated number). We are working diligently to resolve the emails that bounce back as undeliverable. We will not respond to email and calls concerning unreceived RGNs. Just because you have not yet received your RGN does not mean you won’t be contacted if your packet is correct and complete. Customers may be contacted before they received their number. During the first round, some did not receive their number at all and still received their pistol. We know it is frustrating but please bear with us.

2. Please remember that just because you received an RGN, it does not mean you will receive a pistol. Until the packet is pulled, we have no way to know if it is complete and correct. If it is not, you will be notified of the issues.

3. Please remember that we process orders in sequential order, if you have a high RGN number it may be a year or more before you are contacted. There are numerous reasons why it may appear that we have skipped your number, but we assure you that unless there is a problem, we have not. If there is a problem, we will let you know.

4. If you have moved since you submitted your packet, please wait until contacted by the 1911 staff before sending any paperwork. At that time, our 1911 staff will instruct you what to do.

5. Do not send FFL information until told to do so by our 1911 staff.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
1. Please do not email or call requesting your RGN (random generated number). We are working diligently to resolve the emails that bounce back as undeliverable. We will not respond to email and calls concerning unreceived RGNs. Just because you have not yet received your RGN does not mean you won’t be contacted if your packet is correct and complete. Customers may be contacted before they received their number. During the first round, some did not receive their number at all and still received their pistol. We know it is frustrating but please bear with us.

2. Please remember that just because you received an RGN, it does not mean you will receive a pistol. Until the packet is pulled, we have no way to know if it is complete and correct. If it is not, you will be notified of the issues.

3. Please remember that we process orders in sequential order, if you have a high RGN number it may be a year or more before you are contacted. There are numerous reasons why it may appear that we have skipped your number, but we assure you that unless there is a problem, we have not. If there is a problem, we will let you know.

4. If you have moved since you submitted your packet, please wait until contacted by the 1911 staff before sending any paperwork. At that time, our 1911 staff will instruct you what to do.

5. Do not send FFL information until told to do so by our 1911 staff.
How many packets have not yet received RGN's? I know a few weeks ago it was the exclusive 400. What are we down to now? Inquiring minds are curious.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:12 PM

Default Pistol Shipments

Will CMP send me an email with a FedEx tracking number when my 1911 is shipped out? I didn't think to ask when I got the call.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBacker88 View Post
Will CMP send me an email with a FedEx tracking number when my 1911 is shipped out? I didn't think to ask when I got the call.
No tracking number to you. If notified of shipping you(FFL) should have it the next day. Beginning of round 1 they included tracking but an attempt was made to sidestep the FFL by trying to have it held at hub and picked up. That was the end of purchaser tracking....
Old 05-26-2021, 09:13 PM

Maybe some 1st round guys can answer a question..if at run 21780 the cmp are out of service grades does this mean they could run out of 1911s? I ask because my # is 31626. Im actually wanting a rack grade but looks like my # won't come up till 2/22 or 3/22 & if 1911s are already running out that seems my chances aren't good. Just wondering if more 1911s will come in before what they had on hand are gone. I really want one!
Old 05-26-2021, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk2837 View Post
Maybe some 1st round guys can answer a question..if at run 21780 the cmp are out of service grades does this mean they could run out of 1911s? I ask because my # is 31626. Im actually wanting a rack grade but looks like my # won't come up till 2/22 or 3/22 & if 1911s are already running out that seems my chances aren't good. Just wondering if more 1911s will come in before what they had on hand are gone. I really want one!
If you look at the round#1 timeline you will see that what is offered will vary and could go from all three grades to one grade and back to two or three, anything in between. I will bet that the current lack of Service Grades will be short term till they have a chance to grade more, as was the case with round#1.
My thinking is they had a large number of already graded 1911's before they first started making the calls for round#2 and now their graded inventory has taken a hit. Might expect the pace of calls to slow a bit while they try to replenish the inventory. FWIW