Default Need Powder

San Antonio, Texas.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Watch Midsouth.....
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...and=vihtavuori
Old 05-08-2021, 10:11 PM

Hi Scott L

Look for SHOOTERS World powder, it's good stuff! IT makes or was making powder for Accurate powder co.. You usually find it in the small gun shops.
Do a google search in your area.

Good Luck,
broom
Old 05-08-2021, 10:16 PM

Get the discord chat app and join their reloading channel. People on there watch for and list all the stores that get stock. Only problem is you have to be very quick to act and hazmat and shipping fees are insane right now
Old 05-10-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Just heard on the radio that Michigan police departments are running low on ammo. They attribute this to the new pistol buyers and factories shutting down due to Covid.
One department has canceled biannual handgun qualifications for lack of ammo. One Chief was told to order ahead as the shortage was expected to be felt for years..... Can't imagine Michigan is the only state.
https://news.yahoo.com/low-ammo-mich...101900828.html
I received a load of powder recently from UPS. The driver knows I reload and shoot and we were discussing the current ammo and reloading component situation. He told me that he had just delivered to the local PD a load of 9mm that they had ordered early last year, and they were quite anxious for it.
You would think that PD's would get priority on orders, but apparently not.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:12 AM

Went shopping at the local Walmart a couple of days ago and to my surprise they had a small amount of ammo. They had a limited amount of .270 Winchester, .308 and .30-06 all at pre-panic prices. They even had (5) 100 rd boxes of CCI .22s for $7.95/box.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
I remember buying my first spam cans of clipped HXP from the CMP in 2009 for $60 ea. I didn't even have a Garand or any rifle cambered for .30 yet.
Orest told us the CMP was able to purchase some 100 million rounds of the HXP from Greece, in a variety of can configurations, the spam cans of clipped in bandoleers was always a favorite
The last cans I bought from the CMP was several years ago for $115, which included shipping, I think that's when they sold out of em for good
Crazy that these cans are selling for over $500 now!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889910661
Personaly I don't believe the CMP sold 100 million rds of HXP since the Greek returns I'm willing to bet they have more stashed away!
Old 05-18-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatheadsal View Post
Personaly I don't believe the CMP sold 100 million rds of HXP since the Greek returns I'm willing to bet they have more stashed away!
I purchased some of the last spam cans at the first New England Games. Believe me when I say every can on the pallet was gone by th end. The CMP had no reason to hold anything back. Those of us that thought ahead bought as much as we could afford while it lasted and I didn't buy it to resell at a outrageous profit. I still have most of it except what I have used or sold to friends for what I paid for it. Eddie
Old 05-18-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatheadsal View Post
If they have any, and I personally don’t think so, they’ll use it for issue at matches not for sale. IMO
Old 05-18-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T38Carbine View Post
If they have any, and I personally don’t think so, they’ll use it for issue at matches not for sale. IMO
+1 - the CMP HXP/surplus 30.06 sales ship has sailed. At the end they even sold off all the "odd" configurations like 520 round spam cans, 250 round belted, etc. It's not getting any younger they wanted to get it into the hands of shooters where it could be used. Mission accomplished.