Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2021, 07:31 PM

Default Did you notice the title of my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceman View Post
Lots of people taking potshots at the CMP over RGN's and not getting their call soon enough. It's like a Monday morning quarterback. Get over it. Everyone who got a RGN in the drawing will be offered a 1911 and the last one sold can be a good as the first. My experience was excellent. Monique was polished and professional on the phone. The shipment was prompt and the 1911 was what I expected. I was lucky to get an early number but I was OK knowing that I might not get an RGN based on the huge number of applications that CMP got. Folks, the bottom line is that we are getting a functional piece of history at a reasonable price. Be thankful.
I appreciate the replies on my topic, but my post said ďnot complaining, just wondering.Ē No one respects and admires the tough job that the folks at CMP do than me. Iím new to the 1911 process and didnít monitor it on the forums during round 1. If my question touched a nerve I apologize but donít be so quick to slam me to the mat.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:48 PM

No need to wonder. It will happen when it happens. Mine took over two years.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:49 PM

Exactly - I have not read anyone complaining about the CMP in this RNG discussion thread - lot's of basic questions from people trying to learn and understand. CMP is doing a fine job - and they're moving through thousands of applications, and having to do so without error.

I do chuckle at the guys who are antsy about hearing people with higher numbers getting "the call" first - like when when their number is 50 apart. Well, mine is about 13,000 farther than that, so ... a bit of perspective, please. You will get your call, maybe in a day or two, or three. And I will get hopefully my call in about 13 months. And I will be very pleased if I get a call at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedmond View Post
I appreciate the replies on my topic, but my post said ďnot complaining, just wondering.Ē No one respects and admires the tough job that the folks at CMP do than me. Iím new to the 1911 process and didnít monitor it on the forums during round 1. If my question touched a nerve I apologize but donít be so quick to slam me to the mat.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedmond View Post
No need to apologize, you'll get beat on a bit around here for questioning anything the CMP does and how they do it. Even if what you say isn't meant to disparage the fine people that work at the CMP. Let it slide brother
Old 04-23-2021, 08:53 AM

My understanding of CMP's grading system is that it operates from a perspective of physical condition.

Service Grade = Firearm is in a newly rebuilt condition. As close to a "new" pistol as far as function, reliability, and wear of parts is concerned.

Field Grade = Firearm has been issued and has been in the field since its last rebuild. Wear of parts to be more than Service Grade.

Rack Grade = Firearm has been in the field and has enough wear that it should be rebuilt, but it is still functional.

The descriptions above are my interpretations of CMP/Military perspective of "condition".

I am sure that there are treasures in each of the grades, it is purely random if you receive a treasure from a collectors point of view.

The only visual condition that is in the descriptions is rust/pitting and that is a condition of any used firearm.

I had thought of Field Grade to maybe have a better chance of getting "the look" that I am hoping for, but think I will choose a Service Grade to get more shootability and service time out of mine.

My RGN is 27144 so I have plenty of time to change my mind,,,

Eric

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2021, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawky View Post
Black data points highest RGN, purple lowest.
That is beautiful, too bad the CMP can't let us know where they are at with the RGNs so people have an idea when they may get called.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurritoMan View Post
That is beautiful, too bad the CMP can't let us know where they are at with the RGNs so people have an idea when they may get called.
It's not their job to tell us and waste their valuable time. - I would rather they make phone calls and mail out pistols. You are told indirectly by folks posting their contact information, RNG, AND Mailing dates.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:21 AM

RNG 27272 here, but it would be nice to know how many pistols are expected to be distributed in this round.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f100owner View Post

RNG 27272 here, but it would be nice to know how many pistols are expected to be distributed in this round.
Keepin' it short & to the point...

CMP 1911 will, more than likely, distribute the exact number of pistols needed to fill all qualified orders received in this round.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:23 AM

I'm curious what was the highest RNG number issued this round. So far nobody has posted one higher than me that I've seen. "Hey ma, I'm on top of the world!"