Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson Herbusch View Post
Ouch.
Same here. Be patient and review some of the prior posts. There's an explanation...
Old 05-14-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstar View Post
Same here. Be patient and review some of the prior posts. There's an explanation...
Sorry, I did review posts and did not see that. My bad for assuming that there would be some logical order to processing other than ďhumans grabbing stacks of stuffĒ.

As several have stated, Iíll just shut up and be patient and hope sometime in the next year Iíll get contacted. Thanks for getting me back on track.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith5150 View Post
It's been made abundantly known that the CMP1911 folks have a small number of people that handle the orders. The orders were divided into stacks. Humans grabbed a stack. So each of these humans started going through their stack making calls. Sometimes they don't get an answer, sometimes a call back is waited on, all kinds of variables. The RGN's were not a guarantee that this entire process would go precisely in order. It would take FOREVER if it was forced to go in order.

So, yeah, you're bound to see someone else's number called before yours in the interest of getting things going quickly.
Thanks for your informative correction. I apologize for assuming there was some kind of numerical order to the processing. I donít know how I could have made such an obvious error.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:55 AM

Man, you guys are something else! Of course the randomness of the numbers assigned is flawed, why else would a husband and ďwifeĒ get consecutive numbers and people who put in their applications early get numbers in the low 20000ís yet procrastinaters like me and many others who posted here who put in their applications last minute get RGNís like mine which is 31711? Stop the whining because you all sound like spoiled little girls. We will all get a 1911, just a little later in the game. With all the tears flowing in this thread I think Iíll have to get my waders out.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:01 AM

Default Disaster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Stop being an apologist for this disaster.
This discussion thread became comical several pages ago, now it is becoming childish. Three or four years ago, the idea of the CMP distributing 1911s from Government stocks was pure fantasy, never gonna happen. Now it's a disaster because it's not playing out with a suitable level of precision. This ********ing and moaning from a presumably adult community of customers sounds more like a bunch of kids fighting over spots in a line to an ice cream truck. What damned difference could it make getting called today or a few days later? Really, is getting "the call" sooner than later going to effect which pistol you receive? Why is this such a huge thing with some people?
Old 05-14-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBacker88 View Post
This discussion thread became comical several pages ago, now it is becoming childish. Three or four years ago, the idea of the CMP distributing 1911s from Government stocks was pure fantasy, never gonna happen. Now it's a disaster because it's not playing out with a suitable level of precision. This ********ing and moaning from a presumably adult community of customers sounds more like a bunch of kids fighting over spots in a line to an ice cream truck. What damned difference could it make getting called today or a few days later? Really, is getting "the call" sooner than later going to effect which pistol you receive? Why is this such a huge thing with some people?
Agreed. I am thrilled at the opportunity to get one of these 1911ís. Iím trying to be patient, and keep a modicum of levity in my thread responses. Iíd wager though, that no one complaining about the order or randomness would trade places with the small handful of us who have yet to even receive an RGN.
The ice cream truck hasnít even turned onto my street yet. And I need to wait until August to find out why.🤔
Old 05-14-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Stop being an apologist for this disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickomatic View Post
Agreed. I am thrilled at the opportunity to get one of these 1911ís. Iím trying to be patient, and keep a modicum of levity in my thread responses. Iíd wager though, that no one complaining about the order or randomness would trade places with the small handful of us who have yet to even receive an RGN.
The ice cream truck hasnít even turned onto my street yet. And I need to wait until August to find out why.🤔
I'm sorry to hear that. The no RGN at all crowd, in my view, definitely have a legitimate worry. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
So there's no point in assigning numbers if you negate the numerical order. There's no explaining that.

This is beyond a cluster F.
Please enlighten us all to your detailed knowledge of the process employed by the CMP.

You clearly posses subject matter expertise on this matter to make such a comment.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:11 AM

Anybody else ready for this thread to die ?? For me, it's no longer enjoyable, or interesting to read. I know, just don't read it. Good idea. Dana
Old 05-14-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedmond View Post
My RGN is 20604 but I was noticing people being contacted who had numbers exceeding 20800. I figured 200 people passing me by was cause for concern. I called customer service and explained my situation to Monique. She said she would take a look and call me back. Just as I expected I got a call a couple of hours later and put in my order for a field grade 1911.

Kudos to the fine folks at the CMP and for all the hard work they do!
For those that say we are complaining, please note this post several pages back on this thread. If you are going to bark at someone for not reading pages upon pages of posts, please make sure YOU read them all yourself. There is clearly a problem with the order as this post indicated and I inquired about, which is why I asked. I just didn’t intend on reading 21 pages of post to find the answer I needed instead of “be patient and read through posts”. So, I did that. You will see this post is very different from the answers I received from some. I recommend to some here that they make sure they know what they are talking about before they provide their “expertise”. As for me, it seems a call to CMP is order, contrary to some of the responses I received.