Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1911 View Post
Anybody else ready for this thread to die ?? For me, it's no longer enjoyable, or interesting to read. I know, just don't read it. Good idea. Dana
This is supposed to be a community. A community with a shared interest. The problem is that every member of the community has slightly different interests, depending on where they fall on the RGN scale. We have folks who aren’t even involved in this 2nd round but wanting to offer their perspective possibly based on their 1st round experiences. We have people who have already received their 1911’s thanks to low RGNs. We have those with RGNs supposedly approaching “the call”. We have people who know their “call” is months away. And we have those, like me, who haven’t even gotten an RGN. Let’s understand each person’s unique situation and try to be understanding with one another. Arguing amongst ourselves isn’t helpful to anyone.
Moderators, please allow this thread to continue with possibly a warning for civility if things get testy. We’re all on the same team.
As for me. I’m putting the 1911 thing on the back burner this weekend and will concentrate on getting my 2nd turkey, and helping my son fill his spring bear tag.
Blessings to everyone!

Last edited by rickomatic; 05-14-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
So there's no point in assigning numbers if you negate the numerical order. There's no explaining that.

This is beyond a cluster F.
Picture a stack of 1911 cmp forms, top form is 0001 and the rest below follow in order. Employee #1 grabs stack off top. Employee #2 grabs off stack. Employee #3 then grabs another handful.

So you might have 300 forms in the ready to call pile but they are called out of order due to each having a stack of different number sets.

Would you rather they go grab one form then wait until that person is notified before form number 2 gets the call?

Or maybe have some patience. You'll get a call but this is not remotely near a cluster@#$%
Old 05-14-2021, 12:47 PM

Exclamation Update

1. Please do not email or call requesting your RGN (random generated number). We are working diligently to resolve the emails that bounce back as undeliverable. We will not respond to email and calls concerning unreceived RGNs. Just because you have not yet received your RGN does not mean you won’t be contacted if your packet is correct and complete. Customers may be contacted before they received their number. During the first round, some did not receive their number at all and still received their pistol. We know it is frustrating but please bear with us.

2. Please remember that just because you received an RGN, it does not mean you will receive a pistol. Until the packet is pulled, we have no way to know if it is complete and correct. If it is not, you will be notified of the issues.

3. Please remember that we process orders in sequential order, if you have a high RGN number it may be a year or more before you are contacted. There are numerous reasons why it may appear that we have skipped your number, but we assure you that unless there is a problem, we have not. If there is a problem, we will let you know.

4. If you have moved since you submitted your packet, please wait until contacted by the 1911 staff before sending any paperwork. At that time, our 1911 staff will instruct you what to do.

5. Do not send FFL information until told to do so by our 1911 staff.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:26 PM

There are parts of this thread that I really appreciate. Like stories from Round 1 guys that had got RNG numbers ... those give light at the end of the tunnel for us Round 2 guys that also have high RNG numbers.

I also appreciate the attempts at statistical analysis. But I like crunching numbers. It's interesting, and in no way should throw shade on CMP. Numbers are numbers, and the CMP can run their process they best way they see fit. I appreciate what they are doing. Gives a bit of expectation on when an RNG number might be called (extrapolating a year or so into the future).

There are also things in this thread that cause me to shake my head. People fretting about not being called when their RNG seems to have been "passed over" by a few digits in the flow of calls. Chill out. Lots of reasons why that could happen, many discussed above.

Also, there is the brigading of self-appointed defenders of CMP, who seem to freak at anyone looking at numbers. Chill out as well. Unless someone is saying that CMP is doing something inappropriate (which they are not), let the numbers discussion happen. If the numbers show a tight correlation in a certain pattern ... that's academically interesting, at least to me. And the rate of calls per month ... that's practically interesting to me (so I know to keep my mobile phone at the ready the anticipated month a call might be coming in ... and make sure I don't forget to pay my mobile bill, lol).

CMP rocks. I don't think any other country has anything like it. What other country has afforded it's history to acquire things like this in such an organized manner.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1911 View Post
Anybody else ready for this thread to die ?? For me, it's no longer enjoyable, or interesting to read. I know, just don't read it. Good idea. Dana
It's sad to say but maybe yea.

I specifically asked for this tread for the purpose of disusing:

1) a place to discuss the extent of the random number (high/low numbers)

2) a place where people could discuss the rates of sales and guess when they would receive their turn.

3) the pistol grades available at the time random number were picked.

Many of us are months or years from our place in line. At the same time, people were no notified of then random numbers have been contacted and received pistols.

It would appear that just because you have not received, does not mean you have not been assigned a number as had been shown by other posters.

I would like to remind everyone of part of what Big_Red said in post #2 about,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
Ongoing speculation and false assumptions only causes addtl headaches for the 1911 staff, which is why we shut down extraneous RGN discussions. As Rex stated, feel free to post here any discussion, but know any posts that presume or speculate based on erroneous info will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Rob
So I'd like to see it continue. But I understand that excessive maintenance of will likely result in it being close.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:07 PM

Fenris, you bring up good points as to the purpose of the thread. They are what is enjoyable about this thread. I earlier painted the whole thread with a broad brush, when really it's only the seemingly non-stop CMP1911 bashing and griping that is disappointing and not all that informative. Apologies for that and I'm walking back on my comment to let this thread go the way of "the wood chipper". You're right, it should continue. I read all threads on this forum almost every day, every comment in every thread, and look forward to it. Yep, not everyone is retired and can do that. But it's worthwhile and there is a lot to learn out there. Dana
Old 05-14-2021, 05:13 PM

Well: I must be lucky, RGN 21404. Got called Tuesday, received pistol yesterday. Took all of perhaps five minutes to order pistol.... Nice and easy. Remington Rand. Field Grade, looks like new. As Admin has posted many times, some folks are just plain stupid. Send in work telephone numbers, work email, then change jobs etc. This will slow things down. Like I reported took me perhaps five minutes to order pistol.... Danke.......
Old 05-14-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post

3. Please remember that we process orders in sequential order, if you have a high RGN number it may be a year or more before you are contacted. There are numerous reasons why it may appear that we have skipped your number, but we assure you that unless there is a problem, we have not. If there is a problem, we will let you know.
So, my original post simply asked if CMP routinely skipped RGNs. Instead of a simple “yes” I received some smug answers, all pure assumptions by the heroic CMP defenders.

For the record, I’m not impatient. I am not dissatisfied with CMP in any way. I was simply concerned that I may have been skipped over and missed. My experience of 24 years in the infantry is that when that happens, you make someone know and you never just “be patient and wait” while someone figures it out for you. In the case of Mr. Redmond, that appears to have happened; he called and was immediately helped by CMP.

There are a lot of insinuations made by several, none of which bother me other than one obvious sexist comment. There were also a lot of childish comments all revolving around some perceived impatience on my part. I am fascinated with some of the angry vitriol, but not really surprised. I understand it’s important for some people to think they have some kind of special knowledge about things and to communicate that like an angry child. I was not impatient for the RGN, and I am not impatient to receive the contact taking my order.

My goal was not to disparage CMP in any way or hasten the process at all. I am not concerned at all with “when” only with “if”. But when I see numbers hundreds and nearly one thousand higher than mine already receiving pistols, I was understandably concerned I may have some how gotten lost in the mix.

For the record, I reviewed the packet I sent in, my phone number, email, address, military ID, license number and all else is in order and current. As far as background checks go, I have purchased about six or seven firearms, some long guns, some handguns, since I sent in my packet, one as recent as ten days ago, and was in and out in about ten minutes. That’s at a Cabelas, a reputable gun store (my FFL) and the PX/BX at Randolph AFB where I work.

I purchased an M-1 at the CMP at Camp Perry two years ago and it was an enjoyable experience and I met a lot of nice people. I enjoyed it so much when I got home to Texas, I ordered another one immediately and it was a repeat of the experience I had at Camp Perry. I have only good intent when talking about the CMP, not sure where all that animosity from others is coming from, on either side. I simply have no axe to grind here, just on a fact finding road.

Please read item number 3 that CMP Admin posted. It seems my concern is grounded in policy. Perhaps I have focused on the term sequential too literally.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junnie View Post
Well: I must be lucky, RGN 21404. Got called Tuesday, received pistol yesterday. Took all of perhaps five minutes to order pistol.... Nice and easy. Remington Rand. Field Grade, looks like new. As Admin has posted many times, some folks are just plain stupid. Send in work telephone numbers, work email, then change jobs etc. This will slow things down. Like I reported took me perhaps five minutes to order pistol.... Danke.......
Damn Junnie — you aren’t making my decision any easier. I am about 150 spots behind you and expecting a call next week. Was planning to go service grade, but keep seeing posts like yours that field and rack are looking awesome. Congrats on getting a gem that is making you happy.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Squire View Post
Damn Junnie — you aren’t making my decision any easier. I am about 150 spots behind you and expecting a call next week. Was planning to go service grade, but keep seeing posts like yours that field and rack are looking awesome. Congrats on getting a gem that is making you happy.
Actually I wanted a pistol with some hard core usage .... not to be. this pistol looks brand new... not a scratch or blemish.... Any way I'll shoot it till it falls apart and buy another.... there seems to be thousand on the market or there soon will be.... no problem get another..... Damn how many did they manufacture ... total.... couple hundred thousand or more??????? How many were stolen from U.S. and taken home... I would of but we had very few and I figured my buddies needed the pistol more than I... USMC 5th, Nam 1966 --67

Upon second thought, I'm, three quarters of a century old. My guess this pistol will out live me by seventy five years.... LOL.......

PS... I'm still looking for a Belau Wood, 5th Marine Pistol..... Is there a way to tract 1911 issued during the Nam conflict ? especially to USMC????
PSS: We had a armorer that I'm pretty sure sent home a M60 in parts... I remember his father was a detective in the Miami police ..... can't remember his name, probably just as well, he's more than likely just now getting out of Federal Prison.....LOL>......

Last edited by junnie; 05-15-2021 at 01:38 PM.