Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
We’ll this sucks! If WRA SGs are available in 5 weeks via sticky note, it should have been announced. I would prefer a WRA over my SA anyway, but it will be another 2 months or more before I get it. Sour grapes, I know, but so be it.

PS Can’t wait for the CMP apologists to chime in. Zvenoman, we await your 800 word epistle on the CMP business model.
John. You can call them and ask for a sticky for a Winchester if available and they will do it. Tell them to just call if available and you will give them your CC. That's what I did. Good luck and regards, Rick.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
We’ll this sucks! If WRA SGs are available in 5 weeks via sticky note, it should have been announced. I would prefer a WRA over my SA anyway, but it will be another 2 months or more before I get it. Sour grapes, I know, but so be it.

PS Can’t wait for the CMP apologists to chime in. Zvenoman, we await your 800 word epistle on the CMP business model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Tennboy, don't you know I'm paid by the word?
Please share your draft of what CMP should have announced, we're all looking forward to this.

JH
I don't feel like I am an apologist, but I lean toward giving the CMP folks the benefit of the doubt. Assuming that sakorick isn't trolling us, (Something I am not completely convinced is true.) I kind of lean towards that sucks, especially since I have two FG Win orders outstanding and would be willing to accept a SG upgrade. (Apology to follow) That being said, I know the people at the CMP are doing their best and mistakes happen. Particularly when they are outsourcing some of the order fulfillment to the North and South stores. People who don't normally handle mail order.

Also I want a Win with a Win barrel, so what sakorick got doesn't excite me anyway.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakorick View Post
John. You can call them and ask for a sticky for a Winchester if available and they will do it. Tell them to just call if available and you will give them your CC. That's what I did. Good luck and regards, Rick.
I think John was curious about how your rifle was delivered in a month while everyone else waits more than two months for their mail order. Then the question arises that if someone actually wants a SG WRA why couldn't they order a RM1Service then call and have it changed to a WRA SG (which the website shows isn't available to order) then have it delivered in a month less than others are waiting for their SA/HRA SG mail order.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:09 PM

Dude got lucky, let him have a win. We don't need to pick apart every fluke that comes across. Congrats OP! Enjoy that rifle 🙂
Old 04-13-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Service grade Winchesters haven't been available for mail order since January 6, 2018. They sent you a Winchester SG for a SA/HRA SG price?

I received a beautiful SG Winchester today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith5150 View Post
dude got lucky, let him have a win. We don't need to pick apart every fluke that comes across. Congrats op! Enjoy that rifle ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith5150 View Post
i think simple critiques are healthy. We all face it from time to time in life.
smh
Old 04-13-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
I think John was curious about how your rifle was delivered in a month while everyone else waits more than two months for their mail order. Then the question arises that if someone actually wants a SG WRA why couldn't they order a RM1Service then call and have it changed to a WRA SG (which the website shows isn't available to order) then have it delivered in a month less than others are waiting for their SA/HRA SG mail order.

If John had a question, certainly he would have asked it.
I wouldn't presume to put words in John's mouth.
He's busy composing his CMP sales release for us now; give him a bit of time.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 04-13-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakorick View Post
I stickied for a Winchester if available. They called and took my CC for the difference and shipped on 4/10/2021. Rifle arrived on 04/12/2021. Very nice May 43 Winchester with a new SA barrel 0+ME,)0+TE mostly new SA parts w/ CMP new stock. Very happy with this rifle. And the turnaround time of 5 weeks!

That is just plain awesome, congratulations! I mailed my package in on March 15th for a service grade. If they call, I might ask if any WRAs are available. They are pumping them out now, but what a stroke of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2021, 05:46 PM

***Comment Removed By Staff. Do it again and you're banned.***

Last edited by precision40; 04-13-2021 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Tennboy, don't you know I'm paid by the word?
Please share your draft of what CMP should have announced, we're all looking forward to this.

JH
RM1WRAS

PRICE

Available

$950

Free S/H

5-Week Delivery

By the way, congrats on a great score, Rick. Should have posted this comment earlier.

Last edited by Tennboy; 04-13-2021 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Add