Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-06-2021, 04:45 PM
Ronwall Ronwall is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Commonwealth of Kentucky
Posts: 1,621
Default Dec 1941 M1 Garands

Part of my collection consist of rifles that are associated with historic dates. We all know the significance of December, 1941 in American history. I've had a WRA Dec 41 with original WRA barrel that I found at the store for quite some time but the SA Dec 41 with original barrel had been eluding me. After posting a WTB ad in this forum a member offered me a SA Dec 41 rifle with a upside down stamped SA 10-41 dated barrel that we both agreed was original. The rifle was offered at a fair price so I agreed to the offer without haggle. Both rifles have a significant number of correct parts with the SA lacking, including the wood and rear sight only a few parts to be correct. Top rifle is the SA.



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-06-2021, 04:57 PM
Nodak71 Nodak71 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,574
Default

Nice pair for sure. I have had a 12-41 SA in my collection for many years and also have a 9-41 WRA.
__________________
Looking for SA 1607810
NRA Life Member
GCA
CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-06-2021, 07:56 PM
PH68 PH68 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Part of my collection consist of rifles that are associated with historic dates. We all know the significance of December, 1941 in American history. I've had a WRA Dec 41 with original WRA barrel that I found at the store for quite some time but the SA Dec 41 with original barrel had been eluding me. After posting a WTB ad in this forum a member offered me a SA Dec 41 rifle with a upside down stamped SA 10-41 dated barrel that we both agreed was original. The rifle was offered at a fair price so I agreed to the offer without haggle. Both rifles have a significant number of correct parts with the SA lacking, including the wood and rear sight only a few parts to be correct. Top rifle is the SA.



Very nice!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-06-2021, 08:19 PM
jwitten jwitten is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 187
Default

Very nice guns! I would love a matching barrel 12/41 as well. Maybe one day!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-06-2021, 10:23 PM
Ronwall Ronwall is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Commonwealth of Kentucky
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwitten View Post
Very nice guns! I would love a matching barrel 12/41 as well. Maybe one day!
I've also acquired a WRA June 44 serial with original WRA barrel as a rack mate to the correct(ed) SA June 44 with original barrel in my collection. Finding and acquiring these historically significant serial numbers with their original barrels has been fun and challenging.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-07-2021, 08:05 AM
Nodak71 Nodak71 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,574
Default Interesting Collecting Theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
I've also acquired a WRA June 44 serial with original WRA barrel as a rack mate to the correct(ed) SA June 44 with original barrel in my collection. Finding and acquiring these historically significant serial numbers with their original barrels has been fun and challenging.
That is a nice way to collect these, rifles that correspond with a significant date. There are a lot of significant dates a person could look for, thanks for sharing.
__________________
Looking for SA 1607810
NRA Life Member
GCA
CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-08-2021, 05:16 AM
Orlando Orlando is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,334
Default

my 12/41 Garand
https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread...592#post936592
__________________
"I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-08-2021, 07:40 AM
2761377 2761377 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: the V ring
Posts: 388
Default

^^^ and that rifle was a spare to me. I kept my Lend Lease of the same vintage.
__________________
CMP customer # 087287



ID is not my rifle's s/n
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-08-2021, 07:57 AM
sakorick sakorick is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Linneus, Missouri
Posts: 848
Default

Very very nice historic Garands.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-10-2021, 07:58 PM
Stevel48 Stevel48 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 44
Default

Welcome to the Dec 41 SA club!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.