Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2021, 08:28 PM

These are going to be so expensive.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:47 PM

Looks like the ones picture have type one bands and I didn't see any M2 stocks.

Any guess on price? $1800?

Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)
Old 05-07-2021, 09:22 PM

Knowing Midway, I'll guess the top "Fine" examples are in the $2200-$2400 range and go down to the bottom tier, that have issues, at around $1400
High priced and import marked. I'm not a buyer. They'll help raise prices on all clean CMP and non import examples

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 05-07-2021, 10:44 PM

Italian Police guns. Not sure what happened to the CMP on this deal. Things a little different since Orest retired.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:34 PM

I would like to no how many they got how many are in a full crate 100 maybe. how did you find this I can't find this any where other than here I can't even find it at midway. hope I can afford one
Old 05-08-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW99 View Post
I would like to no how many they got how many are in a full crate 100 maybe. how did you find this I can't find this any where other than here I can't even find it at midway. hope I can afford one
looks like over 700 in the pic.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:46 AM

The ad is on their Facebook page.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:47 AM

I think CMP did not get them as some were bought by the govt back in WW-2 and later and some were Map Guns ,Only the Map guns are required to be returned if the U.S. Agrees to accept them, If they do not agree they can be sold by the Govt in possession . So one of the two is likely what happened.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:52 AM

I think this is a great thing for carbine collectors and a chance for anyone just wanting a carbine. "As Found In Italy" has a lot of draw over "As Found In Ethiopia" to me...condition should be far superior "As Found In Italy". It will be interesting to see if MIDWAY sells at realistic prices.

Certainly this is not good news to those hawking residue grade carbines from Ethiopia.

Mitchells Mausers issued a Certificate , CMP carbines had a Certificate, Wonder if Midway will do like wise. In the case of Midway, their credibility on a Certificate validating a carbine is a Carabinieri carbine might have some weight.

Equally interesting to see the human dynamics all of this generates. Will Carabinieri Carbines become coveted like Bavarian Police Carbines ? or are we going to re live the bias we saw when CMP sold Italian Carbines and most on this board hated the FAT marked stocks and "corrected " those carbines.

History has always plagued carbine collectors...they just got to correct a carbine back to as issued by US Military in WWII.

Last edited by milprileb; 05-08-2021 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:07 AM

Im With you ,I was not to interested in the Ethiopian Carbines ,I figured over in that country they may not have been well taken care of and the importer is just down the road here and never has had the best reputation with products or customers .I sure hope some people got good guns worth the money ,I was hoping for more M1 Carbines to come in ,in better condition, But I'm sure the price will reflect the condition too. But I'm happy to pay a little more for a quality gun thats for sure.