Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2021, 08:13 AM

Royal Tiger carbines now start at 1299...Classic had a few last fall for around that much...its the new normal, just like 400 Mosins and 500 sks's

Bill
Old 05-08-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm15e2s View Post
looks like over 700 in the pic.
If I am reading the Bill of Lading data correctly, PW Arms imported 3,120 M1 carbines on April 2nd. According to their ad, Midway got all of them.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:35 AM

I must say, I like their pics.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:03 PM

$1400 to $2400 would be my guess. Buy one, you won’t lose money on it, they will only gain in value. If the CMP put similar ones on auction, they would go for $5000 probably. Wait until the “Carabinieri Carbines” hit Gunbroker

I passed on the RTI carbines because it was so hit or miss and we all know their customer service reputation. I think there were a few pretty nice ones in the bunch though.

I couldn’t put my email in for Midway updates fast enough
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rapidly promoted by the mainstream media, which holds that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:38 PM

I got a couple great ones from RTI. Will definitely roll the dice with one of these if you can choose manufacturer.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
Reading comprehension has always been your weakest point. I like all carbines and I don't go around "correcting them". Totally good with Blue Sky and Italian provenance, won't pay more cause a Bavarian owned them and think any CMP or DCM carbine is totally outstanding...its provenance is absolute.
How many times did you have to be told those M1A1s were Greek and still couldn't comprehend it?

Quote:
So Vagrant, stow the sour grapes , you're the one with carbine bias. Not me...I like them all and you bet...I'll pass on some which are residue grade found in Ethiopia as I won't let RTI skunk me. .

But as always ....Bless your heart VaGrant , you're pro 2A.
You like them all, but not Ethiopians and not Greek M1A1s from CMP and not Bavarians, and not corrected ones, and not, and not, and not...

Last edited by vagrant; 05-08-2021 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:18 PM

These are not C&R, very lame.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:12 PM

Hey, Vagrant:
This is funny "and not, and not, and not..." I tend to agree with you in that I do seem to be picky about which carbines I buy and keep. I have said this before, the only RTI carbine I would buy is one that had a goat turd stuck to it. Put it below a picture of the goat standing on a pallet. Real nice.
But you know, it would fun to see everybody driving only red cars. Then we would be talking about which shade of red some people like and some people don't like.

Last edited by 6 Ring; 05-08-2021 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:26 PM

I got a $1000 Ethiopian UN-Quality carbine from RTI. Shoots great and I really enjoy it’s character. Every batch is going to have winners and losers, that’s just the way it goes. If you want a carbine and have the money to buy one, buy it. If you don’t want to take a risk from an importer, buy one you can handle first. I got screwed by a member here last year on the forum, a month later I got a great deal from RTI.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.swider777 View Post
I got a $1000 Ethiopian UN-Quality carbine from RTI. Shoots great and I really enjoy itís character. Every batch is going to have winners and losers, thatís just the way it goes. If you want a carbine and have the money to buy one, buy it. If you donít want to take a risk from an importer, buy one you can handle first. I got screwed by a member here last year on the forum, a month later I got a great deal from RTI.
^^^ This^^^

There is something to be said, at least for some of use, about the character of old firearms. Probably my favorite rifle in my collection is a 135 year old 1873 Winchester that has been carried so much that the rear of the forearm is visibly worn from having a hand wrapped around it. Banged, dented and battered, it has very obviously been used as it was intended to be used.

I mean think about it, what's more interesting?:

"Here we have for sale a carbine that has been stored a goat barn in Ethiopia for the last 50 years(or grandpa's attic, or a federal prison, or the BFE County Sheriff's Office, etc.). It shows significant wear with much of the metals finish gone, many dents, dings and scrapes in the stock and dust in the action from being carried by a soldier in the bed of a military vehicle as well as being carried on military exercises and possibly in defense of the country from which it was imported."

OR

"Here we have for sale a carbine that my grandpap bought from the DCM back in 1964. It just sat in his closet for the last 57 years and he never even fired it."

Mark my words- The day will come, long after RTI has run out of them, when the Ethiopian imports will bring a premium because they've been there, done that, and simply because they're Ethiopian imports.

It's already happening to a certain extent with sellers hawking rebuilt Carbine's in M2 stocks as M1 Carbine's that grand daddy snuck back from the ETO.

As to the Midway Carbines, I've recently sold a few handguns and rifles that no longer interested me and that money is beginning to get warm on my leg.