Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2022, 06:33 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I think it's better now without those 2 buttons.
Agreed! Thanks again.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:46 PM

I have several beta testers. Has anybody else run into any issues? I would like to move forward with making it available on Google Play but would like as much feedback as possible before requesting their review and approval to go live.

Thanks!

Clay
Old 01-23-2022, 07:29 PM

I have a question regarding the Edit DDL Pages. Is hitting the enter key on the keyboard the required way to save new values?

Working with your default Firearm Custom Tags 0-4, lets say I want to add a 5 to the list. After selecting Add Value I replace the 'Enter New Value' with my 5 and hit Close. That 5 does not show up in the DDL unless I reenter the Edit DDL Page or navigate away from the ID tab and back. Then the 5 shows in the DDL. Now if I hit enter on the keyboard after entering the 5 it immediately shows in the DDL.

Something a little weirder but similar to above. Say I want to add a 5, 6 and 7 at the same time to that DDL. Using this method...
Quote:
hit Add value > input 5, add value > input 6, add value > input 7, then close
That 5 is not saved but the 6 & 7 are there, navigating away and back the 5 is still missing. (if I do 5 though 9, the 5 and 7 are not saved)

Now what does work is...
Quote:
hit Add value > input 5 > enter (on the keyboard), add value > input 6 > enter, add value > input 7 > enter, then close
That will save 5 though 7 correctly. I don't remember anywhere else in the app the enter key being required for saving a value or text, I didn't think it would be needed here either?

Feature request - in the Edit DDL Page still, would it be possible to have the 'Enter New Value' text disappear when selecting that line instead of having to delete those characters before you can enter your value?
Old 01-24-2022, 09:43 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I have a question regarding the Edit DDL Pages. Is hitting the enter key on the keyboard the required way to save new values?

Working with your default Firearm Custom Tags 0-4, lets say I want to add a 5 to the list. After selecting Add Value I replace the 'Enter New Value' with my 5 and hit Close. That 5 does not show up in the DDL unless I reenter the Edit DDL Page or navigate away from the ID tab and back. Then the 5 shows in the DDL. Now if I hit enter on the keyboard after entering the 5 it immediately shows in the DDL.

Something a little weirder but similar to above. Say I want to add a 5, 6 and 7 at the same time to that DDL. Using this method...
That 5 is not saved but the 6 & 7 are there, navigating away and back the 5 is still missing. (if I do 5 though 9, the 5 and 7 are not saved)

Now what does work is...That will save 5 though 7 correctly. I don't remember anywhere else in the app the enter key being required for saving a value or text, I didn't think it would be needed here either?

Feature request - in the Edit DDL Page still, would it be possible to have the 'Enter New Value' text disappear when selecting that line instead of having to delete those characters before you can enter your value?
I will work on this today. This is one example of where I was actually using the check "button" and the x "button." I used the x to clear the 'Enter New Value' text and the check to record the change. I might add the x back for this field only and then figure out why the changes are not recording without the check mark. I agree it needs to be consistent with the other fields in the program.

Thanks again for the excellent feedback.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:17 PM

I just put out a new test release (version 0.3.1) that seems to be working better for adding values to the drop down list. As a reminder, here is the url to download it from th playstore:
https://play.google.com/apps/interna...62939108809903
Old 01-25-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmCollector View Post
I just put out a new test release (version 0.3.1) that seems to be working better for adding values to the drop down list. As a reminder, here is the url to download it from th playstore:
https://play.google.com/apps/interna...62939108809903
Now it's working well, thanks!
Old 01-25-2022, 11:30 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Now it's working well, thanks!
You're welcome and thank you for the suggestions.

Tags
android, android software, collector software