Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2022, 06:40 PM

Default South Store overhead

Some have posted about the cost of keeping the South Store open because of overhead cost. Personal that process the rifle sales are the same personal that process mail orders, work in shipping and the store staff are armorers that service the rifles. The store is part of the CMP administration headquarters, rifle shipping and air rifle range so no additional cost for store. Itís is my understanding that CMP adjust employees weekly work schedule to cover the time employees work the store. So there is really no additional personal required when the store is open. I think there is way more overhead cost operating the North Store if CMP was looking to cut store cost. I hope all stores return to normal soon!!
Old 02-28-2022, 02:28 PM

I'm hopeful they will be! Headed to Birmingham mid April and would like to hit the South store.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:24 PM

will the North store ever get any of the 03a3 in stock someday?
Old 03-01-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamInfantry View Post
will the North store ever get any of the 03a3 in stock someday?
Hello NamInfantry,

Best thought is to call the store weekly, be very polite! If you live nearby.
Drop in a few times & bring donuts or something!
They will get to know you as a "GOOD Guy" and will not just hang up on
you when you call so often or the wrong time!

Good Luck,
broom
Old 03-25-2022, 10:54 AM

Going to be in the area of the south store tomorrow and was wondering if there would be any rifles there or even if the store is open. Do they still have the store and the range store or just the store at the range?

Itís been 3+ years since last visit
Old 03-25-2022, 10:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Nav View Post
Going to be in the area of the south store tomorrow and was wondering if there would be any rifles there or even if the store is open. Do they still have the store and the range store or just the store at the range?

Itís been 3+ years since last visit
Just the range store(TMP) but based on the store report from last week the only rifles were IHC's at $2100.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=295365
Old 03-25-2022, 12:05 PM

Thanks
Old 03-28-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Some have posted about the cost of keeping the South Store open because of overhead cost. Personal that process the rifle sales are the same personal that process mail orders, work in shipping and the store staff are armorers that service the rifles. The store is part of the CMP administration headquarters, rifle shipping and air rifle range so no additional cost for store. Itís is my understanding that CMP adjust employees weekly work schedule to cover the time employees work the store. So there is really no additional personal required when the store is open. I think there is way more overhead cost operating the North Store if CMP was looking to cut store cost. I hope all stores return to normal soon!!
Perry supports several rifle matches and has a new electronic range. The North Store supports marksmanship and youth marksmanship due to it's location there. Likewise TMP Store.

The South Store is just a Sales outlet for Collectors, nothing more. It's unnecessary nowadays, especially with supply of rifles dwindling. It should stay closed forever. The TMP Store is close enough to support sales for everyone who used to go to the South Store.