Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2021, 06:42 PM

So I got an error yesterday when trying to download the latest program from your store, but it worked ok today.

It appears the Data sheet report has regressed, it's back to showing blank pages for the report.

The only issue I could find with filling in data fields was in the Notes of the Pic tab. When adding a note for a pic and leaving focus on the notes field, then clicking Home Desc Rec Disp or Data tabs the note is not saved. If you click the ID tab though, it always saves!? Here is another scenario - Fill in a Pic Note, click the Desc tab, go back to Pic tab and verify note missing, reenter note, click the same Desc tab, and now the Pic note should be saved. So the second time around clicking the same tab seems to save the Pic note. But if you click a different tab the 2nd time around it won't save again (most of the time).

A few times when deleting a pic or an item, the Delete confirmation yes/no dialog box open collapsed.

Obviously the crashing when adding a pic if fixed. You asked for a screenshot showing the missing jpg's.
jpg
Old 08-11-2021, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I see the report was reverted in my deployment. I also see what I missed in my deployment process that resulted in that problem and I will fix that as well.

I do see the code in the pics tab that should have corrected the missing note but, as you pointed out, it is still broken. Not sure what went wrong there but I will work through it again.

Can you upload that NMJP.jpg file so I can test it on my system? Here is a link to the .jpg file I am using to test: https://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/.../new_USB_2.png

Corrected image:

Thanks again.

Clay

Last edited by nmCollector; 08-12-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmCollector View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I see the report was reverted in my deployment. I also see what I missed in my deployment process that resulted in that problem and I will fix that as well.

I do see the code in the pics tab that should have corrected the missing note but, as you pointed out, it is still broken. Not sure what went wrong there but I will work through it again.

Can you upload that NMJP.jpg file so I can test it on my system? Here is a link to the .jpg file I am using to test: https://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/.../new_USB_2.png

Thanks again.

Clay
Here is that pic. I've tried other jpg's too.

https://i.postimg.cc/Nf6044HT/NMJP.jpg

I think you posted the wrong link. Your jpg is a png
Old 08-12-2021, 01:25 AM

Question: When CP 1.0 goes live, will I need a separate license for each device? For example, my main and backup laptops (usually backup's only up when main is down for maintenance or repair) are both Windows while my workbench/range tablet is Android.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Here is that pic. I've tried other jpg's too.

https://i.postimg.cc/Nf6044HT/NMJP.jpg

I think you posted the wrong link. Your jpg is a png
You are correct. Here is a screen capture of the jpg you provided in NM Collector CP running on my Linux machine. This is the installed version of NM Collector CP that I downloaded from the store (not my development environment).

I did notice that a jpg image I wanted to download from the internet came across as a different format and even though I changed the extension to .jpg it gave me that gray screen that you are showing ...

Here is an example: https://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/...ivesInvRpt.jpg

But when I save it from the web site (using my Linux computer) it wants to save it as:

knivesInvRpt.webp

When I change the extension to .jpg and then load the renamed image into NM Collector CP, I get the gray screen like what you are showing. I see no errors generated.

I will try troubleshooting it to see why I at least can't capture an error when this happens.

Thanks!

Last edited by nmCollector; 08-12-2021 at 10:51 AM. Reason: more details
Old 08-12-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Question: When CP 1.0 goes live, will I need a separate license for each device? For example, my main and backup laptops (usually backup's only up when main is down for maintenance or repair) are both Windows while my workbench/range tablet is Android.
My plan is one license that will cover Windows, Mac, and Linux and a small charge for Android and iOS apps. That is how JE is licensed now. Another alternative would be to charge for the Windows, Mac and Linux deployments only and make Android and iOS apps free. I'm not 100% sure which approach to take right now.

Thanks!

Tags
gun collector software, home inventory software, nm collector software, software