Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
Guys,
Based on reported PMs and posts elsewhere on the forum, the two following usernames were confirmed as scammers and removed (they had not yet been approved to post, but could send PMs):
tag.
Mark0147

As always, use caution in ANY dealings when contacted by people who are recent additions, and/or have not been approved to post, esp if they are offering something to sale.

Rob
This guy sent me a PM regarding a want ad I have in the parts wanted section. His verbiage did seem strange and I didn't catch the difference in his stated name and the name in the Gmail address he sent until latter this evening when I noticed he hadn't replied, then I see this.

CMP AND GCA MEMBER
Old 04-03-2019, 06:42 PM

I got an offer from Tag. to sell me a magazine I had a WTB for. I knew instant scam.

I told him I will not email you, but sent him a reply by PM. I said I would buy the Mag as long as he sent it first and I would then pay, since I been here forever, and he had 0 Posts. That got rid of him quick,LOL

I do have to wander who actually falls for this stuff though.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:47 PM

I think I found a possible scammer that replied to my IHC reciever wtb. The username is anaml2 and it has 0 posts and it is a recently created account. I ignored it as it seemed fishy.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:51 AM

Default Scammer Alert

Mark0147. Email christophertyler818@gmail.com. Answered a WTB ad for a trigger housing. Sent me several different pictures of different parts until he got it right. Think he might be a kid because he wanted payment via iTunes gift card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgaga View Post
Mark0147. Email christophertyler818@gmail.com. Answered a WTB ad for a trigger housing. Sent me several different pictures of different parts until he got it right. Think he might be a kid because he wanted payment via iTunes gift card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
interesting as 7 days ago I thought Big Red banned him? He replied to one of my want ads for newsletters that day saying he was from Florida

CMP AND GCA MEMBER
Old 04-10-2019, 11:58 AM

Really it is pretty simple people. You get a message from someone who signed up yesterday, and has only like 0 to 1 post,LOL. Do not even reply. Especially not through email. They will just have you email address then too.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:17 PM

Default Scammer Alert

Three people responded to my want to buy a K43 stock. All sent pictures that had been copied from the internet. One was even a mirror image that showed the scope rail on the left side.

christophertyler818@gmail.com
bosgaragee57@hotmail.com
classicojumper@gmail.com
Old 04-16-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Guin View Post
Three people responded to my want to buy a K43 stock. All sent pictures that had been copied from the internet. One was even a mirror image that showed the scope rail on the left side.

christophertyler818@gmail.com
bosgaragee57@hotmail.com
classicojumper@gmail.com
Well, that is a good reason not to place your email in your WTB ad.

They do not have to be a forum member to harvest your email, and try to scam you.

Also, your email is now subject to be sold all over the web.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 04-24-2019, 03:34 PM

I do not know how it works for sure, but you can email members here through the panel. So maybe he did not post his email in the ad anyway.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbineone View Post
I do not know how it works for sure, but you can email members here through the panel. So maybe he did not post his email in the ad anyway.
Just look at his ad, his email is in it.

Want to get lots of emails, just put it in your ad.

Send emails through PMs. Say that in your ad.

"PM me with your email, and I will send return email messages." How easy is that.

BR-549@Hotmail.com. Some people will not understand, and that is fine.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241