Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2021, 08:59 AM

Different bullet types of good reputation were poofing? Oh crap. I'd return that.
Distinguished Rifleman #2223
"Technique isn't something that can be taught. It's something you find on your own." - Bunta Fujiwara
Old 10-10-2021, 09:53 AM

I've been reading this thread with interest, but haven't joined in because it's not really my area of expertise. But, isn't there a potential problem that can be created by using an upper that has the M4 feed ramps, and a barrel that does not? Could that possibly be going on here?
Old 10-10-2021, 09:59 AM

While I understand that sentiment, the reality is the rifle is dedicated to occasion use in CMP MM matches. A simple solution works and over time, the problem will likely go away. Rebuilding the rifle is not practical. Good Shooting. .... Addendum. I looked at the feed ramps (both rifles) and initially thought it might be a factor since some bullets had damage to the points. Smoothing out and alining the receiver with them had no effect on the bullets disintegrating. Using a open base, heavier jacketed bullet or reducing velocity solved the problem. Good Shooting. ..

Last edited by ceresco; 10-10-2021 at 10:06 AM.