Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2021, 07:44 PM

My Field Grade didnít match and Iím totally okay with that. The Ithaca slide and Remington frame look great. A little wear and absolutely beautiful in my eyes. I wasnít offered the service grade and actually glad that it wasnít an option because I would have chose service. This exceeded my expectations and I am very grateful to be its caretaker for a few decades.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarandFella View Post
My Field Grade didnít match and Iím totally okay with that. The Ithaca slide and Remington frame look great. A little wear and absolutely beautiful in my eyes. I wasnít offered the service grade and actually glad that it wasnít an option because I would have chose service. This exceeded my expectations and I am very grateful to be its caretaker for a few decades.

Awesome! Glad you like it.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:31 PM

Just my opinion, perhaps the trend could change when the next container is opened, but it seems the line has moved a little on grading. I follow a couple Facebook groups where people regularly post pictures of what they receive.

The service grades I've seen the last week or so look very much like the field grades of a few weeks ago. Not seeing any new-looking arsenal rebuilds like the service grades we saw the first several weeks, and the field grades I've seen look much rougher.

I'd be more inclined to choose a service grade right about now.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty31 View Post
Just my opinion, perhaps the trend could change when the next container is opened, but it seems the line has moved a little on grading. I follow a couple Facebook groups where people regularly post pictures of what they receive.

The service grades I've seen the last week or so look very much like the field grades of a few weeks ago. Not seeing any new-looking arsenal rebuilds like the service grades we saw the first several weeks, and the field grades I've seen look much rougher.

I'd be more inclined to choose a service grade right about now.
Interesting observation. Don't know if CMP has almost exhausted 'Best condition' batch.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:34 AM

As my RGN is getting close, is there any new opinions on which grade would be best to choose? All three grades look pretty nice. Service grade might have a slightly higher chance of Gov't contract replacement slide, while rack might have little more wear?
Old 10-12-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letenn View Post
As my RGN is getting close, is there any new opinions on which grade would be best to choose? All three grades look pretty nice. Service grade might have a slightly higher chance of Gov't contract replacement slide, while rack might have little more wear?
That seems to be the case. I would suggest you look at the picture thread to see samples of what you would be getting.

I was torn between a Service grade and Field grade. Most of the Service grades seem to have been Parkerized which may make the marking weak or "speckled".

I've seen Field grades that have a smoother nicer look even if the show more wear.

Just a few day before I was contacted, all three grades were available. However, the best available by my order time was Field grade so I went with that over a Rack grade. Hope to see it tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:05 PM

Oddly enough, I hope only Field and Rack are available. Would make my decision easier. But I'll most likely choose Field either way.
Old 10-12-2021, 04:08 PM

All I know is that me (Round One) & my kid (Round Two) got SGs...both reparked weapons (COLT & REMINGTON RAND) in excellent condition...

SO...

If ROUND THREE is open to all-comers...

Gonna get FGs or RGs (no IFS, ANDS, or BUTS about it)!!!

Last edited by DDRode; 10-12-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:02 PM

With the experience of two CMP pistols in our household, One Service and one Field Grade, it seems to be all about the overall finish. Both are nice pistols. Both have a mixture of parts from all eras. Both have clear markings. No rebuild stamps on either one.

The Service Grade has a nicer all around finish than the Field Grade.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:35 PM

Here's hoping there is a third round. My wife wants one after seeing and shooting my field grade. She'll pick a field grade too.

😏