Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-05-2021, 02:31 PM
goodtill goodtill is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35
Default North Store visit on 1/9/21

Hello everyone,

I am very excited to be heading out to the NS this weekend. I unfortunately lost my way after purchasing a SA M1 from the former DCM and selling it to a collector when I got rid of most of my guns many years ago.(kid going to college thing).

I have made a reservation to visit the NS on Sat 1/9 in hopes of reuniting myself with this great rifle. In my conversation with the lovely lady at CMP, she stated that they only have FG and SG IHC's in stock, no bolt actions at all.

She did say they were expecting a shipment of bolt actions from Anniston sometime in the middle of the month.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-05-2021, 02:36 PM
Shomway Shomway is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,708
Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtill View Post
Hello everyone,

I am very excited to be heading out to the NS this weekend. I unfortunately lost my way after purchasing a SA M1 from the former DCM and selling it to a collector when I got rid of most of my guns many years ago.(kid going to college thing).

I have made a reservation to visit the NS on Sat 1/9 in hopes of reuniting myself with this great rifle. In my conversation with the lovely lady at CMP, she stated that they only have FG and SG IHC's in stock, no bolt actions at all.

She did say they were expecting a shipment of bolt actions from Anniston sometime in the middle of the month.
Thanks for the heads-up on current stock....sure this will save some people from making the trip.....
Good luck on your trip!!!
__________________
31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2021, 07:58 PM
goodtill goodtill is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35
Default

I hope that still have a selection on Sat. Would be a shame to drive 16 hrs round trip to come home empty handed.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2021, 03:23 PM
emerson opdyck emerson opdyck is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 168
Default

Slim pickings today. We had 1:30 appointments and were let in at 12:30.
2-3 people in store. Bob and company very helpful and informative in search for my first IHC. Found one with mostly correct parts sans trigger group and stock.
Store inventory as of 3:00 today:
26 IHC field
38 IHC sg
4 '17's
5 wra fg
1 m1c fg
1 m1c sg
5 daisys
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2021, 04:12 PM
goodtill goodtill is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson opdyck View Post
Slim pickings today. We had 1:30 appointments and were let in at 12:30.
2-3 people in store. Bob and company very helpful and informative in search for my first IHC. Found one with mostly correct parts sans trigger group and stock.
Store inventory as of 3:00 today:
26 IHC field
38 IHC sg
4 '17's
5 wra fg
1 m1c fg
1 m1c sg
5 daisys
Thanks for the info. Glad you found something to give a new home to. Was it an FG or SG? That is pretty much what I am looking for, not really expecting to much, just a good shooter.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2021, 07:51 PM
emerson opdyck emerson opdyck is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 168
Default

It’s a Service grade @ mw=1 tw=1
LMR ‘54 bbl
Based on #’s it might be a good shooter.
Dry a a bone inside and out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-08-2021, 02:34 PM
Jpolham1 Jpolham1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 63
Default

I have an appt for the 16th! Hoping the north store gets their resupply truck by then or I will have to reschedule.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-2021, 06:23 PM
Digital_Chaos Digital_Chaos is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pickerington Ohio
Posts: 295
Default ammo

Hows the ammo situation? 9mm? $$

Last edited by Digital_Chaos; 01-10-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-2021, 08:28 PM
goodtill goodtill is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35
Default

Was the only person in the store at 8:30. Had the store to myself for the first 20 minutes. Picked up a IHC 4.52 Mil SG with matching 7-53 LMR barrel (2,2) and IHC bolt. All parts in really nice shape with no pitting and a new CMP stock. Win trigger housing with SA parts and milled trigger guard, HRA op rod.

31 IHC SG
27 IHC FG
1 SA 6 Mil
3 WRA FG
3 Eddy 17
2 M1C (didn't really look at these)

picked up 400rnds '06 and 200 rnds of Lapua 167gn HPBT 308

Everyone was very helpful and helped me pick the rifle.They even did me a favor and notarized my 1911 paperwork.

Restocking is looking like EOM from what they have been told. They are still out of cases.

Off to Anniston and TMP for the end of the month

Last edited by goodtill; 01-10-2021 at 09:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2021, 10:40 PM
Deppizzymo Deppizzymo is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canton Missouri
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtill View Post
Was the only person in the store at 8:30. Had the store to myself for the first 20 minutes. Picked up a IHC 4.52 Mil SG with matching 7-53 LMR barrel (2,2) and IHC bolt. All parts in really nice shape with no pitting and a new CMP stock. Win trigger housing with SA parts and milled trigger guard, HRA op rod.

31 IHC SG
27 IHC FG
1 SA 6 Mil
3 WRA FG
3 Eddy 17
2 M1D (didn't really look at these)

picked up 400rnds '06 and 200 rnds of Lapua 167gn HPBT 308

Everyone was very helpful and helped me pick the rifle.They even did me a favor and notarized my 1911 paperwork.

Restocking is looking like EOM from what they have been told. They are still out of cases.

Off to Anniston and TMP for the end of the month
Crossing my fingers for a bolt gun on the 28th. I am scheduled at store opening 8:30am. I'm 8 hours away so I will probably call in advance the day before.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.