Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM

Default Riverhead ny

My apologies if this has been discussed before, but I've seen Riverhead NY on the Mann barrels. I live not too far from there and I'd be surprised if there was a factory there that could manufacture the Mann's.

Can someone enlighten me please?
Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM

No apology needed. This forum needs all the info you can find about the mysterious MANN Accuracy Device. The only place I have seen or read about the location of the MANN's manufacturer is in Steven T. Rutledge's report to Orest.
http://www.odcmp.org/1001/mann_inc.asp
My own two MANN devices give no manufacturer's location, just the manufacturer's name (WALKER on both of them) and I would not have recognized that word WALKER as the manufacturer if Mr. Rutledge had not included it in his report. My suspicion is that most of them were made by small companies that had the machines and experienced machinists/gun smiths to be awarded a contract by the Army. If you can obtain and post a photo of any MANN barrel showing the markings on it, it would add valuable information to this forum. I know the location of two MANN barrels (without receivers) and will visit the owner to take photos of them in a few weeks. - Bob
Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 PM

Thanks! Here's some more info.

Attached is an example of what I've seen online. (Second photo)

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485403
Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 PM

That is a recent purchase by kraigwy and it is the only .223 I've heard of. He has a thread on it here. The mere fact that it's a .223 indicates to me that it is also one of the most recent MANN contracts awarded. I researched the web and found a few companies by the name of WALKER that might be the one that made mine. The word PRECISION was associated with two of them but gunsmith was not. (The word PRECISION is also associated with DILLON and they are well known for their guns and reloading equipment.) A contractor would not have to have all of the capabilities, that is, they could sub-contact (with the governments permission) those parts they are less qualified or equipped to do. I worked in the civillian sector of the aerospace defense industry and usually only very big ticket items involved subcontacting. The prime contractor was usually the manufacturer of the main frame and was also responsible for systems integration. The company I worked for became the exception. They purchased the main frame (a Navy helicoptor) and did the system integration. We had our own hangers (9 of them), control tower and pilots.

Last edited by VMFn542bob; 07-22-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGG99 View Post
My apologies if this has been discussed before, but I've seen Riverhead NY on the Mann barrels. I live not too far from there and I'd be surprised if there was a factory there that could manufacture the Mann's.

Can someone enlighten me please?
PM sent