Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2012, 10:25 PM

Default My MANN Accuracy Device Project (by Old Chief)

About this thread : Old Chief was one of many Forum Contributors that purchased a MANN Accuracy Device and turned it into a beautiful bench rest rifle. His story and others of the period were lost when the forum software crashed. I am honored to resurrect this thread on his behalf with the photos and information he has provided me. Please direct your comments and questions to him.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I received the Device from the CMP on December 20, 2007 and began metal work at J&G gunsmith on January 22, 2008. The metal work was completed on April 27, 2008 and took it to Great American Gun Stocks on April 28, 2008. They inletted in rough a stock for me and I picked it up on August 4, 2008. I completed shaping and finishing the stock with BLO and Tung Oil on October 3, 2008. Somewhere while completing the stock, I installed a Timney Trigger and mounted a BSA Platinum Target 6-24X scope on the receiver. Shortly thereafter I began taking the rifle (12.1 lbs) to the range. Pictures are attached below with a typical target fired at 100 yards. I might mention that the barrel is 21 1/2" long and has a 1 in 12 twist.

'
'
'

'