Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2022, 10:24 AM

These new data sheets are really something, I had never heard of some of these parts differences. It is a real learning experience, thanks for all you do Paul in advancing the hobby and our understanding of the production history.
CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Old 01-23-2022, 02:14 PM

Default Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1 View Post
Thanks Robert. I had alot of help in developing this research data sheet. The sheet is still under development for improvements and potential addendum pages for accessories including sniper specifics and another for NM specifics. Right now the the research is
10 pages long with pictures and Addendum sheets to cover Modelshop or Production and another for Gas Trap or Gas Port.

If someone wants a copy , email me at rockingpdiesel@gmail.com and I'll forward it to you. Specify which sheet you want or if you want them all.

Gas Trap data sheet
Gas Port data sheet
Modelshop Addendum sheet

Regards, Paul 'Bubba'

Thank you Paul I hope to use this help break down my January 41 Springfield
I really appreciate men like you who have a skill set and a passion to getting this made.
33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating. My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
My precious:
http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/ca...GN_spell2.html
Old 01-25-2022, 02:57 PM

These are AMAZING pieces of work Gentlemen! I have learned new info from these sheets! The wealth of info collected is going to help all Garand collectors!! Great job!!!
Old 02-02-2022, 02:31 AM

Very nice Sheets to have Thank You so very much! I can not wait to see the improved ones!
Old 02-02-2022, 02:21 PM

Excellent! Thank you!
Old 02-08-2022, 01:47 PM

Thumbs up M1 Data sheet from "bubba1"

Thank you Paul! Wow, what a gift you shared. World, especially 'Garand folks" needs more people like you. You are awesome
Old 02-08-2022, 10:55 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm coming along with the new improved ones with more and better drawings and spacing, a few new pieces of information, and areas for National Match but I still need y'alls feedback as to:

What may be missing
What's hard to understand
Any other changes that would help

Paul 'Bubba1'
Old 02-16-2022, 12:43 AM

Question: Once you gather all this information and data, what are you going to do with it?
Old 02-16-2022, 06:46 PM

Wilton Street that's a very good question.

The main reason we developed these sheets is for research. The more detailed information that can be gathered along with detailed photos the easier and better it is to go back and review the information and pictures so we may confirm a theory, identify parts usage, learn new information, etc.... Rifles that are in museums are extremely difficult to access and access can be limited also. The same is true for some rifles in private collections, although we ,as a collecting community, do tend to share information. On the flip side, you don't want to keep disassembling a rifle to verify or inspect something especially a very valuble or collectible piece.

The data that I'm collecting is being used in research and, with the owners permission, some of this information may be used in our new book that is in development right now.

Regards, Paul 'Bubba'