Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeroub View Post
On second thought, I can answer my own question. If they must go through an FFL, then purchase by a MA resident is a no-go.
Maybe you could use a C&R. That is ship to FFL, but; pickup from FFL with a C&R. As far as I know, Mass residents with a C&R can purchase war time 1911s.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:46 PM

So, anyone that is registered can bid and you jump through the hoops if you win?
Old 07-26-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
Maybe you could use a C&R. That is ship to FFL, but; pickup from FFL with a C&R. As far as I know, Mass residents with a C&R can purchase war time 1911s.
MA licensed dealers cannot transfer a handgun not on the “MA approved roster” to anyone in MA. A C&R does not help, as that is a federal license and does nothing for state laws.

I do have a C&R, so I could buy a C&R handgun from out of state and have it shipped directly to me, but a MA dealer could not transfer that same handgun to me. Since the CMP1911 policy is only to ship to dealers (not C&R), MA residents cannot buy a 1911 from the CMP.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:47 AM

Really? I have visited Four Seasons in Woburn Mass and seen many handguns listed as C&R only sales to Mass residents. That and other dealers as well.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Really? I have visited Four Seasons in Woburn Mass and seen many handguns listed as C&R only sales to Mass residents. That and other dealers as well.
This should answer your questions:

https://goal.org/handgun-sales-info-massachusetts-goal/
Old 07-27-2019, 09:41 AM

Nice examples, will be high dollar. I just looked at the pictures; both the 1913 and the Remington-UMC have had the grips replaced with later ones. So at least those parts are not original. Wonder if the NM in the plastic bag was built as a NM at Anniston? Can't read the label in the picture, I have a RR made into a NM at SA but that facility closed in 68. Will watch these auctions as I lucked into a nice Anniston rebuild from 1976.
CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Old 07-27-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
That does not answer anything. A Mass FFL dealer will sell a (pre 1969) 1911 to anyone in Mass that has a C&R. This is a fact. My question now is why you as a C&R holder and Mass resident choose not to exercise your rights? WHY DONT YOU CALL THE LARGEST FFL IN YOUR STATE AND ASK THEM. That is Four Seasons in Woburn.

The other issue/question is will CMP ship an auction pistol to a Mass FFL. My careful read of the CMP website and other discussion here is, no. You are certainly free to buy one from other sources.

Last edited by fourbore; 07-27-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:19 AM

Have an out of state bidder buy it then sell it to you once its been transferred to them. Yes, its a straw purchase but you've already crossed that line so may as well go deep

Bill
Old 07-28-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
That does not answer anything. A Mass FFL dealer will sell a (pre 1969) 1911 to anyone in Mass that has a C&R. This is a fact. My question now is why you as a C&R holder and Mass resident choose not to exercise your rights? WHY DONT YOU CALL THE LARGEST FFL IN YOUR STATE AND ASK THEM. That is Four Seasons in Woburn.

The other issue/question is will CMP ship an auction pistol to a Mass FFL. My careful read of the CMP website and other discussion here is, no. You are certainly free to buy one from other sources.
With all due respect MA law does not CURRENTLY allow an 001 FFL to transfer to an 003 FFL. THat is why the CMP will not currently sell 1911's to MA residents.

THe comprehensive Firearms Act passed in MA in 2014 has a provision in it (Section 59) to allow 001 FFL's to transfer eligible C&R firearms to an 003 FFL. Unfortunately that section is one of the many sections that does not become effective until January 2021 (see Section 112).

The act can be found below :

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Sessi...014/Chapter284

Feel free to call Carl at Four Seasons or the GOAL office. They are both aware of the law.

P.S. For any non MA resident out there feel free to glance at this law and get a feel for what we have to put up with in MA and this is just the law. In MA we also have an Attorney General's office that regulates firearms using a set of consumer protection "regulations" (i.e. not laws) that the MA court system refuses to overturn.

Last edited by spt_1955; 07-28-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
On second thought, I can answer my own question. If they must go through an FFL, then purchase by a MA resident is a no-go.

50 plus year old Curio and Relic status.

Get your wallet ready to be emptied.