Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2021, 08:16 AM

Default WTS: Movies on DVD, Mostly WWII & Westerns

I have here a large batch of movies on DVD, with subjects ranging from the Civil War to Westerns to Desert Storm and more. I have watched them all (except the couple of brand new ones) and they play fine, but if you should run into problems, let me know.

Shipping is actual USPS cost, and Media Mail is usually cheapest, but it can take a week or so to arrive. PM me with your choices, and I will give you a shipping total.

I can accept paypal, checks (held until cleared, unless we already know one another), or USPS money orders.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
  • One Day in September - Documentary about murder of 5 Israeli athletes at 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, new DVD $4
  • The Magnificent Seven - Classic 1960 version, w/ Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Eli Wallach, where 7 gunslingers are hired to protect a farm village from outlaws, good condition DVD $4
  • Saving Private Ryan - Tom Hanks saves Matt Damon from the Nazis, but at what cost? Special edition with making-of doc, in great shape, $4
  • Platoon - Story of newly-arrived infantry soldier in 1967 Vietnam, based on personal experiences of writer/director Oliver Stone, $4
  • Windtalkers - Navajo Marines use their native language to create an unbreakable radio communication code, great condition $4
  • Tora! Tora! Tora! - Events leading up to Pearl Harbor attack from both Japanese and US perspectives, good condition $4
  • Unbroken - True story of Olympic runner turned flier shot down over the Pacific, lost at sea 47 days until captured by the Japanese and held POW to the end of WWII, great condition, $4
  • Letters from Iwo Jima - Story of battle of Iwo Jima told from the Japanese side, based on letters written by the Japanese commanding officer, special edition has second disk with making-of documentaries, good shape, $4
  • Hondo - John Wayne as a cavalry scout**who protects a family from angry Apaches after the cavalry breaks a treaty with them. Includes a couple of documentaries, including one on Apaches and history depicted in the movie, great condition, $4
  • D-Day Remembered - Great collection of wartime/nearly wartime documentaries, cartoons, bond drive ads, USO shows, etc. Includes "The True Glory," 1945 Oscar winning documentary about D-Day w/ intro by Ike. Two disks - one is like new, the other has scratches, but it played fine for me. If you have trouble, let me know, $6
  • Halls of Montezuma - Richard Widmark stars as a USMC lieutenant during WWII, great condition, $4
  • Sands of Iwo Jima - John Wayne as Sgt Stryker leads US Marines on Tarawa and Iwo Jima. Includes appearances by MoH winner David Shoup and also the three surviving Iwo flag raisers, VG condition, $4
  • Gettysburg - Massive movie about the great Civil War battle, much of it filmed on the actual battlefields. Includes a 1955 documentary narrated by Leslie Nielsen. Great condition, $4
  • WWII in HD - Excellent History Channel documentary packed with first-hand accounts and period color footage. 5 disks, including an extra "Battle of Iwo Jima" doc and "Air War" doc, each on its own disk. Great condition $10
  • Soldiers of Conscience - Documentary about the act of killing in wartime, and some soldiers who made the difficult decision to become conscientious objectors even after previous battle experience. Good condition, with some marks on the disk, but plays fine $4
  • The Flying Leathernecks - John Wayne leads a squadron of USMC pilots during the battles of Guadalcanal and Okinawa, VG condition, $4
  • Jarhead - Based on the true story of the training of a USMC Scout Sniper and his experiences in Desert Storm, Good condition $4
  • Uncommon Valor - Collection of eight older b&w documentaries, each on a different USMC WWII battle from Guam to Okinawa, and each introduced by Holland M Smith, good condition but with some wear to the cardboard box, $8
  • U-571 - Fictional story of WWII attempt by US soldiers to capture a German U-boat in order to steal its Enigma encryption device, good condition $4
  • The Hurt Locker Story of an explosive ordnance disposal team during the Iraq War, new & unopened $4
  • The Octagon Chuck Norris and Lee Van Cleef take on a band of ninja terrorists in some great fight scenes, includes a couple of behind-the-scenes documentaries, great condition $4
  • Enemy at the Gates WWII Battle of Stalingrad, focusing on the sniper Vasily Zaitsev and his duel with the German sniper sent to kill him, good condition $4
  • Chisum John Wayne faces off against cattle rustlers including Billy the Kid, loosely based on the true story of the Lincoln County War of 1878, good shape, $4
  • The American Western - Collection of 11 early John Wayne westerns, new & unopened $5

Last edited by jasonc; 05-27-2021 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:54 AM

I would like
TORA TORA TORA
D Day Remembered
WWII in HD
Uncommon valor

Thanks
Old 05-16-2021, 12:28 PM

Hi Jason,

Can I please have:

One Day in September
Unbroken
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Hurt Locker

PM on the way.

Thanks, Robby
Old 05-16-2021, 10:35 PM

Windtalkers
Flying leathernecks
U571
The American western
Soldiers of concience

Pm tomorrow, thx.

Last edited by Kestrel4k; 05-16-2021 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
Windtalkers
Flying leathernecks
U571
The American western
Soldiers of concience

Pm tomorrow, thx.
PM sent with info. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2021, 05:24 PM

All purchased DVDs are shipped, thanks to the buyers! Others still available!
Old 05-27-2021, 04:24 AM

I'll take Hall's of Montezuma & Sands of Iwo Jima
Old 06-08-2021, 03:30 PM

Bump