X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KH223
    • Feb 2020

Tanker Sniper

While stumbling around on the internet looking at Garand pics, I ran across this interesting Tanker Garand converted into a sniper.........anyone ever seen anything like this or built one like this?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101208194

I thought it was a pretty neat looking gun
  • rob30-06
    • Jun 2013

7.62 Tanker M1D

Yes sir,
    I built this 7.62 Tanker from parts purchased on this forum a few years back. It shot well once I figured out how to get it running.

[IMG][/IMG]

I even took it hunting a few times, though never shot anything with it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Rob

Comment

• BSAGuy
      • Dec 2018

To each his own, but why? A "tanker sniper" sounds like a huge oxymoron to me. Quite a contradiction in concept vs. actual utility/functioning.
      Be Prepared

Comment

• dnmccoy
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BSAGuy View Post
        To each his own, but why? A "tanker sniper" sounds like a huge oxymoron to me. Quite a contradiction in concept vs. actual utility/functioning.

If you were talking about a modern battle rifle I would agree, but with the M1 I could see how it would work. The M1C/D werent specified to have the same sub MOA accuracy that todays rifles are. To go from the 24" barrel to the 16" probably didnt effect accuracy that much out to 3-400 yards

Comment

• rob30-06
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by BSAGuy View Post
          I found the shorter version in 7.62 X 51 to be very handy and easy to use. The scope also helped but wish I would have had the 1" mount back when I had the rifle.
          Accuracy was not great but good enough for me to feel confident hunting in the deep woods we have here in east Tennessee. 40-60 yards would have been typical range and frequently a lot closer.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• KH223
            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by rob30-06 View Post
            Yes sir,
            I built this 7.62 Tanker from parts purchased on this forum a few years back. It shot well once I figured out how to get it running.

[IMG][/IMG]

I even took it hunting a few times, though never shot anything with it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Rob
            Nice looking gun.............I had thought about building something similar at one time. I like the compactness of the gun

Comment

• Henrymstr
              • Apr 2018

I see a nice compact deer drive gun.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 73bronco
                • Dec 2009

scoped tanker

I did the same conversion to my tanker garand last year. It is a lot of fun to shoot and gives good accuracy out to 300 meters. To me its a lot nicer then just having iron sights. John

Comment

• jason60chev
                  • Nov 2013

Someone bought that rifle.

Comment

Working...
                  X