Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2022, 03:58 PM

Default DCM certification

I bought my M1 from DCM in the early 90s. Paperwork has been misplaced through many moves made after I retired from the Marines. I understand that I can possibly get another copy through CMP, providing it's retrievable from records that were transferred. What information is contained on the document? Any historical data? I don't mind paying CMP to research but if all I learn is that I purchased an M1, I already know that! Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:25 PM

It only may add a little value to the rifle when it is sold. It may have some sentimental value to family or friends after you are dead. CMP might not have the DCM record. That will still cost you $25 for nothing.

Google it and you will see what they typically look like and information on them. It is not much more than where it was shipped from to you and cost. Same as a shipping slip.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:48 PM

It's my understanding that the CMP will generate this info for original purchasers when the records are available on their end, but not for subsequent owners.

I would spend the $25 if it was me; whether it was to increment the value for a potential future sale, or to provide value to future family members who have the rifle after you're gone.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:07 PM

Thanks guys. I'll never sell the M1 but my heir might like the paperwork. I'll drop $25 and see if CMP can retrieve. Bet I uncover the original after-the-fact. Just my luck.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:38 PM

My M1 came from the DCM in 1984. I'm the 2nd owner. Here's what I got from the CMP when I sent in my request and $25. Not a great deal of information but at least I know something and have documentation, important or not, that the rifle came from the DCM.

Jerry
Old 01-20-2022, 11:05 AM

Here's what I've found so far. DD1348-1A Release/Receipt Document. Julian date of 94136 which is May 16, 1994. Is there something else I should've received? If so, I'll complete my application to CMP. Thanks
Old 01-20-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbach View Post
Here's what I've found so far. DD1348-1A Release/Receipt Document. Julian date of 94136 which is May 16, 1994. Is there something else I should've received? If so, I'll complete my application to CMP. Thanks
If you have that, you aren't likely to get any more info from CMP, all they would verify is if it was sold through them and date. guess they changed the forms, I have two rifles with DD Form 1149-1, 1 Mar 57.