Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2022, 11:39 AM

Ronwall, as far as WWI movies go, I recommend 1917. The entire movie was awesome IMO, but I esp. liked the dogfight scene. Unlike most movies that show dogfights at the speed of an F15, this actually showed how slow the airplanes were moving; about 60MPH. The entire movie's cinematography was amazing.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:24 PM

"You get 'em, because you rate 'em!"

"How do you like that name, "LEPPER COLONY"? You'll like it less the first time any of you mess up. We have a blow torch pointed at us and I'm not going to let anyone shove me into it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpm32 View Post
Can’t have a thread about WWII movies without mentioning “Twelve O’Clock High”…..damn near a perfect film.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retafchief View Post
Ronwall, as far as WWI movies go, I recommend 1917. The entire movie was awesome IMO, but I esp. liked the dogfight scene. Unlike most movies that show dogfights at the speed of an F15, this actually showed how slow the airplanes were moving; about 60MPH. The entire movie's cinematography was amazing.
The film 1917 was excellent, particularly from a filming technical standpoint. If you watch the film very carefully you will see that it hardly has any edits in it. It was filmed almost entirely in real time.

Last edited by Duke52; 01-24-2022 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retafchief View Post
I haven't seen 1917, but anyone interested in that should watch the documentary "They Shall Not Grow Old." It uses primary source footage and interviews from soldiers to show what being a soldier was like --bootcamp to battlefield-- without being specific to any particular battle. It's amazing.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
It's available for free on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPKeYhkBt5A
Thank You Ron !! I will try and find time to watch it this weekend.