Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2020, 10:23 PM

Default M1C Barreled Receiver at Auction

Anyone have any expedience with these?
Old 09-08-2020, 10:39 AM

Not sure what your are looking for. It is an M1 Garand, C model. All of the parts are the same for any USGI Garand.

As for the C model, you will need to find the screws, pins, and receiver base. Be careful with after market bases as they are not mil spec may not fit without some work. The next major expenses is the correct scope base with rings and than the correct scope. Unless you use after market products. Than again there is fit and functions issues.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:11 PM

Looking for someone who has purchased an M1C Barreled Receiver and brought it back to life as an Scoped M1 ď Replica Sniper ď? I know itís an M1 with 5 extra holes. I have enough spare parts to build probably two M1ís less Receiver so why not a C? I have 3 Commercial Kollmorgen Bear Cub in very good to excellent condition so why not MC-1952........less the external clicker knobs?
Old 09-08-2020, 08:30 PM

I purchased a CMP auction M1C receiver and was fortunate enough to locate a USGI base, pins, screws, and B-prefix Alaskan scope at reasonable prices on the WTS forum. It was a fun project and turned out to be a handsome piece of work when completed using an aftermarket ChiCom mount and rings set. $1000 for the receiver at auction, the only CMP auction I ever won cuz I'm too cheap to bid against the high rollers.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:41 PM

I have 2 copy cat base, Mount and Rings gun show buys from years ago. They are 7/8 Rings for an USGI M84 ( also old gun show buy ) but I Would prefer the Kollmorgen Bear Cub so I need 1” Rings. From what I’ve read the Bases matching could be a crap shoot but then I would consider sending to Griffin & Howe for their Base, Mount, 1” Rings?

Has anyone had success with the Replica Scope Base on an M1C?

Last edited by Darkside6; 09-08-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:07 AM

I purchased the current G&H base and rings for my first CMP M1C, they must be fitted to the specific base accompanying the rifle. Since then, they have almost doubled in price. Aluminum alloy body with steel rings, levers, and innards. Excellent quality but pricey for what you get. The scope sits a skosh higher than the USGI original configuration.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send photos.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:44 AM

here is a seller on Ebay ( blackhawk240) from France that sell repo M1 USMC mounts with 1 inch rings. I purchased one some time ago and mount was a good quality.

The issue I had with repo receiver bases was the dovetail track needed filing so an original G&H mount would fit. The bases were a little over sized.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:21 PM

Do their Bases ( Fr. ) line up with the M1C Receiver Holes.........or a toss up?

Do the Base mounting screws / pins come in correct length or do they have to be cut / ground down?

Iíve seen Bases with no holes for pins, whatís their story?
Old 09-11-2020, 09:29 AM

I found the bases lined up with the receiver holes with no issues. It is just the dove tail on top. It did not take long to fit, just file slowly and keep fitting the scope base.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:36 PM

I too found that the USMC kit was not exactly compatible with the G&H repro parts. I d&t ed the three screw holes and opted not to do the guide pins. The bases are rock solid and further drilling seems unnecessary as I will not be removing the bases. I may use short plugs in the base for cosmetic purposes. Good Shooting. ..