Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeso View Post
Great report.
Any Drill M-1 Garands? Any Drill Rifles at all?
There were two drill Garands there when my son and I visited on the 11th.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info on the Drill M1ís. I would like one to display on my 1942 Ford GPW Jeep.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:23 AM

There was one M1 drill rifle remaining that I saw when I left at about 1330. The racks were pretty bare by then. We (me and Mrs. Leonardski) arrived about an hour early from PA for our appointment time and were allowed to go in after check in. Racks were getting hit hard, but still a few left to pick from. Missed out on a LEAD IHC that I was told was put out in the morning, but I did find an IHC 11-65 SA rebuild with a 10-65 barrel (1+, 2) and GI wood. That was the jewel of the trio of M1s I took home.
About a half rack of IHC SGs all with CMP wood remained when I left. A rack and a half of SA FGs remained, nothing with real good TE/ME #s. Found one with a VAR barrel, but poor numbers. A few 1917s, all FG I believe, as well a small number of 1903a3s. I tried to remember what I saw for a report, so my apologies if not exact. The engineer in me wanted to do an accurate headcount, but no time.
This was my first CMP store visit ever. Glad my wife was with me to help look and offer her opinion on selections. She was able to help me pick out a couple nice bayonets as well.
Overall a very good experience even tho the stock had been drastically depleted. Makes me even more envious of those daily restocks at the SS.

Respectfully submitted,
Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk