Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2021, 02:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to andyman Send a message via Skype™ to andyman
Default 1/28 Report

Hi all,
Any word on the selection after the latest truck?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman View Post
Hi all,

Any word on the selection after the latest truck?

Thanks!
I was curious as well what is in stock. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. I will share what I see tomorrow evening.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2021, 06:57 PM

This morning 25+ people at opening and more showing up after that. Largest crowd I have seen. One rack of 1917's several Eddystone's, few Remington and Winchester. Field and service grade. One rack 6mil SA, one rack IHC service one rack of IHC field, two rack of SA field, two racks of SA service. A couple HRA service mixed in service grade. A couple HRA in field grades. A single WRA field M1D and a single M1C. Few air rifles. No 1903's No 1903A3's and No Krag's .
Mix of stocks on service grade GI and CMP. Several first time buyers. Some WWII barrels and receiver present several lock bar sights seen. Good luck on your searchs gentleman. I found a 1.6 SA in the Win 13 serial number range with correct barrel and A really nice SA 69xxx receiver.

James

Last edited by Jimbeau_67; 01-28-2021 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:24 PM

James,
You didn't mention WRA.
No Winchesters at all??
Jim C
Old 01-28-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbeau_67 View Post
This morning 25+ people at opening and more showing up after that. Largest crowd I have seen. One rack of 1917's several Eddystone's, few Remington and Winchester. Field and service grade. One rack 6mil SA, one rack IHC service one rack of IHC field, two rack of SA field, two racks of SA service. A couple HRA service mixed in service grade. A couple HRA in field grades. A single WRA field M1D and a single M1C. Few air rifles. No 1903's No 1903A3's and No Krag's .
Mix of stocks on service grade GI and CMP. Several first time buyers. Some WWII barrels and receiver present several lock bar sights seen. Good luck on your searchs gentleman. I found a 1.6 SA in the Win 13 serial number range with correct barrel and A really nice SA 69xxx receiver.

James
Wow 25+ people waiting at open. That is dedication for trying to get a bolt gun waiting outside in 20 degree weather.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:02 PM

No WRA either ☹️.. I was looking for A3's and 03's myself like to pick up a RIA and SC. But couldn't resist bringing home my limit on the M1's. My friend that accompanied me on the trip also picked up two M1's. A service grade HRA 5.7 with a HRA seems to be correct barrel. Plus a 91xxxx SA with either a marlin or WRA barrel with 1me 2te really nice field grade receiver is in excellent condition I would have called it a service grade.
Also limited amount of M1 fitted case's on hand at store was offered $25 off purchase of rifle if opting to not want case. I took the $25 off wait and get a couple more cases when the options not available I have a couple already. I believe the stock was relatively better than what I have seen in the last year on the service grade SA's. There was alot of first time buyers and some where younger people also. Biggest turn out I have seen especially on a Thursday. No 9mm available did have the match ammo 06 lapua cases and some offering of 45 acp. Which I should have picked up.

James

Last edited by Jimbeau_67; 01-28-2021 at 10:10 PM. Reason: M1 Case's
Old 01-29-2021, 11:49 AM

I wonder if they will start sending out the cases to people that did not receive one in the past several months from the North Store.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:02 PM

Was there yesterday, picked a SA service grade. Rifle had lock bar sights, GAW/SA cartouche 12/44 barrel and was in the 3400000 serial # range.HRA trigger group uncut op rod.Should have bought the other lock bar rifle I found but passed it to a first time buyer who took it to the counter.Opted to take 25.00 of the price of the rifle in place of the case that I really did not need.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:16 PM

Was there at 8:30 today. 4 1917s left, all eddystone, all very rough dark bore.
For M1s:
Mix of IHC (I only saw field grade) - 1 long rack, not full, few on back of rack.

SA field and service with some HRA mixed in - 2 racks each if I remember correctly
Lots of USGI wood, I only saw postwar SA/JLG and DAS inspector stamps though. Handful (3-5) 60s rebuilds in birch stocks, including a really nice RRAD that left early. Multiple WWII with correct barrels. 1 Marlin barrel in the mix.

1 rack 6 million SA.

Early finds:
Two M1s with lockbar sights, both gone by 9. I left with an SA-52 SA service grade, and the only service grade M1C M1 left.

There was also a box of used M1 barrels for $20 each. Only reproduction slings available. Out of 9mm, 30-06, .22lr.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:24 PM

live 37 miles away, so went over at lunch as walk-in. Jan 29th. 20 minute wait at most. sort of picked over. didn't see any bolt rifles and the racks were 1/2 gone or more especially service grades.

was looking for GAW stock and found one on field grade H&R (has a tight fit on receiver so I think it will be good for my 1944 or 1945 that needed it to be correct. Plus it came with nice WRA bolt had a June 44 SA barrel 1+ and 3+ readings. also got a SA 1952 that Bob said was all correct other than bolt (H&R) and bullet guide (WRA). It had a JLG and crossed canons stock. anyway everything looked nice to me so I am happy

Last edited by Stunng23; 01-29-2021 at 05:29 PM.