Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2021, 05:58 PM

Default North Store Facebook Post

Just saw this on their Facebook Page.

The CMP North Store will be closed until further notice to assist with online orders. We apologize for the inconvenience and our teams are working hard to get caught up and back to normal operations. Thank you for your patience!

We will announce a reopen date one week prior to reopening.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Sounds like all the picked over Garands from this weekend are going mail order.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:56 AM

OMG...... that means that the "left-overs" that many have looked at and passed up for a variety of reasons, will be shipped to the next mail order up! ..... Buckle up mail order people .......

The way things are going, CMP may be getting down to the last Garands and soon, they will be all gone!

https://ibb.co/sHYPMm9
Old 04-05-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear57 View Post
OMG...... that means that the "left-overs" that many have looked at and passed up for a variety of reasons, will be shipped to the next mail order up! ..... Buckle up mail order people .......

The way things are going, CMP may be getting down to the last Garands and soon, they will be all gone!

https://ibb.co/sHYPMm9
What? This has everything to do with a huge backlog of orders and nothing to do with being out of Garands.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2021, 08:34 AM

I was at the North Store last week, and there really didn't seem to be "picked over" Garands... Some would sell, and staff would bring in more from the back... There were plenty of "good" rifles being set out for sale.
I got two SG SA from 1945, Both ME/TE of 0 or 1, with "right" era parts according to Bob. Very happy.
I would submit that the North Store is doing just what they posted....Helping the mail order folks out to process and ship the large numbers of orders they received. Once that is done, they will be back up and running.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:56 AM

Got the call today about cancelling my appointment for Thursday, no big deal for me since I had already picked up my 2 for April last week and needed to cancel it anyways.

I was told that the North store is receiving a large shipment this week and that they are completely transitioning to Mail Order Only until the overwhelming new demand from mail in orders goes down. I guess the number of new orders that they are receiving now is significantly higher then what it was last year. Number of requests coming in is higher then number of rifles being shipped out.

I can only speculate if they will be open for sales during the Nation Matches. I guess they will be, probably with some sort of restrictions.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:02 PM

just got a call and they cancelled my April 16th North Store visit. she said that they will be back, but didn't say when. she said that they are working on January mail-in orders and need to catch up. likely got flooded with new year and everyone had a new 8 limit to go after.

Last edited by Stunng23; 04-05-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:26 PM

Wish I had more to “flip”.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:17 PM

Picked over ones go to the complainers. Thanks for posting as I was considering a trip this weekend and wouldn’t have checked to see if they were open if it not posted here.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:45 PM

I'd rather see them flipped and and scooped up by an appreciative target shooter than stacked like cordwood in the back of some hoarder nee collectors safe, waiting for the day his/her clueless heirs flip em at a buyback

Bill