Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2022, 12:52 PM

Back to the original question, my point to all this was, give me E Targets.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hunter View Post
give me E Targets.
Guess we know which way you voted. Same way I did BTW
Old 10-12-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ0608 View Post
I'm just one guy, but in my opinion, pit duty is one of the aspects of service rifle shooting that makes it service rifle shooting. Ya know...what they do in the service.

My great grandpa worked the pits. So did my grandpa. And my dad. And me. And I want future generations to do the same.

As for the games matches, again, if you're shooting an M1 Garand in a nostalgic match, don't you want the nostalgia of the pits? Shooting a Garand at an e-target seems anachronistic to me.

Long range, palma, mid range, f class, heck even the NRA XTC championship in Indiana, they can all do as they wish, but to me, it isn't Board week at Perry without pits.
Reminds me of the non-E-target ranges in Switzerland where they still use paddles to indicate location and score. Or walk-and-replace matches like Weberschiessen and Murtenschiessen.
Distinguished Rifleman #2223
"Technique isn't something that can be taught. It's something you find on your own." - Bunta Fujiwara
Old 10-12-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinson View Post
I've heard there will never be electronic targets for the CMP games because it is a Nation Match. And people want that paper backup. ...
I can see shooting the NTI or P100 on paper but the games matches don't really matter. The main reason I see not use E targets for the games, the microphones will got shot up.

However with E targets, you could shoot 4 or 5, 3 relay matches in an 8 hour day. Register what time you want to shoot, spend 2 hours in heat, go out to lunch, shoot another match. What a fun sounding day!
Old 10-25-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hunter View Post
I have been in the carbine match and showed up with my high power kit. The block officer took a look at me, ran over to another block, pointed and said, "You don't need all that sh!t to shoot this match." then interrupted my shooting 3 times during the match to tell me how to properly hold the rifle.
Wow that is unreal. I've been fully kitted up for the carbine match many times and so have many others from what I have seen.

I'm curious, in what confounding way were you holding your carbine 3 different times during a 40 minute match that peaked his interest and desire to "correct" you?