Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2021, 09:22 PM

Default MRT cheek pad value

Hi gentlemen, I have a cheek pad that I have had for better than 40 yrs. It appears to be NOS it has 3 dark gray felt pads a package w/ 2 brass screws and a leather lace, additionally the the brass eyelets have green stuff growing on them that I have cleaned up with a Q-tip. the back flap has MRT11-62 embossed on it. I read that they are worth less than a (K-line), will y'all hazard a guess to its possible worth? I would like to post a picture, but I don't know and to old to learn. I can send an email picture if someone can post a picture.
Thanks , Jim
Old 04-10-2021, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswift View Post
Hi gentlemen, I have a cheek pad that I have had for better than 40 yrs. It appears to be NOS it has 3 dark gray felt pads a package w/ 2 brass screws and a leather lace, additionally the the brass eyelets have green stuff growing on them that I have cleaned up with a Q-tip. the back flap has MRT11-62 embossed on it. I read that they are worth less than a (K-line), will y'all hazard a guess to its possible worth? I would like to post a picture, but I don't know and to old to learn. I can send an email picture if someone can post a picture.
Thanks , Jim
A NOS 60's cheek pad usually run 325-450, the early 50's units are bringing a premium, 20-30% more.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:24 PM

Default Cheek pad

Thank you Ripton for your prompt and informative reply. Jim