Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2022, 03:24 PM

Default Iím baaaack

Former mycanoe44 here.

As some of you know, my account was hacked and deleted. I had to start a new account and mistakenly had my email as my login. So I have just been lurking until I could get my login changed to mycanoe45. If you do an advanced search for mycanoe44 posts, my history is still there for now and hopefully it doesn’t go away.

I would ask that any of you that had buy or sell dealings with me, if you could please post in the buyer/seller feedback forum I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by mycanoe45; 09-28-2022 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:31 PM

Sorry about that hack. What a bummer. Hopefully won't happen again.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:57 PM

Do you know how it was hacked? Any advice for the rest of us to avoid being hacked?
Old 09-28-2022, 06:21 PM

Outdated iPhone operating system I think. On another thread here someone brought up an iPhone security issue fixed in an OS upgrade. I hate upgrades because they screw up everything so I avoid them. On a 3 websites I had accidentally selected to remember login info. Thatís what was hacked, the CMP forum was one of them.

So my advice is to keep up on operating system security updates. On the iPhone it doesnít give you the option to only select certain updates, you have to update the Entire iOS. I updated to the latest a week ago and now I see thereís another one already.

Also do NOT ďrememberĒ log in info on any site. I use facial recognition on a couple and that seems safe so far. I also usually never save CC info on any site other than a couple that require it. My CC company has been very helpful with fraud. Iíve never had to pay for something that wasnít me. They send a text for suspicious purchases and wonít authorize them until I reply that itís me.